Garrett Customer Service

Marna

I don't know if anyone's had any dealings with Garrett itself, but I did this week and it was an amazing experience!

Last weekend, I broke the arm cuff on my Ace 250 -- must've leaned on it or something, a bad habit of mine. It's Crazy-glued right now and holding, but ......

Anyway, I contacted Garrett via e-mail to find out about a replacement part. I got an e-mail back the next day saying not only did they have the part, it was only $2, AND (this is the part that gets me) they sent it out and told me to just send them a check when I got it.

Customer service at its best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Garrett, the company

Hi Marna, I have had to deal with them in the past, and they were always right there to help. I have nothing bad to say about that company at all.

I've never had to contact them about anything, but everything I've heard leads me to believe that they are top notch all the way.

Funny story, I had a similiar problem with my search coil. The cord came loose where the jack that plugs into the detector is. When I phoned them and explained that my credit card was MAXED and could send a check they said just send the check tomorrow with the broken coil and we will send the new coil without waiting to receive it first. That is some serious trust and because of it I will be a customer FOREVER. Deal DIRECT with Garrett and they WILL take care of you

Although I owned many Garretts over the years I've never had a need to deal with the company. Whites, on the other hand, I have and my experience was fantastic.

I bought a new Eagle Spectrum in 1991 and used the crap out of it. In 1994 it was showing my years of heavy use. The charging pack had issues, the coil had cracked at the connector, the screen had dimples and the hand grip was very worn.

I paid the freight to send it in to Whites to have a problem checked that sometimes when I set it down it shut off. One week to the day later I received my detector back NO CHARGE even for shipping and it was like brand new.

They had replaced my battery packs with a new style, replaced my coil with a 950 bulemax, replaced the display and hand grip.

I have never heard anything bad about the company. I myself have never had a problem with a garret mach. Cladius.

Im gonna purchase a George Bush detector. It goes straight to the metal plates in any republicans head :P

I like Garrett's customer service too.
One time, however, I managed to put my owner's maunal through the wash, in my pocket. I didn't miss it that much, but it could have come in handy. So I went to their site and printed the Adobe PDF file version. Then I saw a link where I could request a new maunal, so I did that. The next day I got an email that read, "Here is the maual you requested" and the PDF file was attached. I thought they were going to mail me one, as the request form asks for an address. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom