CRH bought a dimebag today - 10,000 dimes for $1000 - wish me luck!

I am happy with the two silver dimes

the bag weighed about 55 pounds - had all the dimes been silver it would have been worth about $29,000.00

oh well - maybe next time....except there will be no next time searching dimes for me, halves yes, dimes....no

I was ordering $1000.00 in boxes of dimes ($250.00 per box) and I was doing pretty good. Then they decided to start charging me a $5.00 delivery fee for every box!! Well, paying $20.00 to get those boxes made it worthless to keep doing it.

That one still ticks me off!!:mad: Worse than them not letting me buy the coin machine bags.

On a lighter side though, I was getting $1000.00 bags of halves from one bank from the machine and after 2 or 3 times I asked the teller if someone had been buying halves. She said "Oh yes! A nice man buys $1000.00 in boxes of halves and dumps them in the machine when he is done going through them":saywhat::mad::mad:

Let me just tell you, he didn't miss ANY!!!:laughing:

I was ordering $1000.00 in boxes of dimes ($250.00 per box) and I was doing pretty good. Then they decided to start charging me a $5.00 delivery fee for every box!! Well, paying $20.00 to get those boxes made it worthless to keep doing it.

That one still ticks me off!!:mad: Worse than them not letting me buy the coin machine bags.

On a lighter side though, I was getting $1000.00 bags of halves from one bank from the machine and after 2 or 3 times I asked the teller if someone had been buying halves. She said "Oh yes! A nice man buys $1000.00 in boxes of halves and dumps them in the machine when he is done going through them":saywhat::mad::mad:

Let me just tell you, he didn't miss ANY!!!:laughing:

You ain't in the central Arkansas area are ya? Hope you ain't buyin from MY Bank cause KT is not missing any, even those "lowly" 40%ers and "worthless" proofs! :laughing::laughing: By the way, you found out the hard way why I never fooled with dimes! Those blamed quarters were bad enough! :lol::lol: Congrats on the 2 silvers, anywho!

edge searching dimes is quick. I genarlly search by date though. In every box I buy I'm generally able to either come really close or completely filling out the clad series into a folder. You can then sell the folders online for a bit of a premium. In addition to that by looking at the dates I make sure to check for a couple of the varituies... Specifically the 82P No mintmark. I've found one of those in boxes and it made all the other boxes that were skunks seem worthwhile.

I've got 7 of the 82P No mintmark dimes and any chance I can pick one up for under $80 I do. I'm convinced that sometime in the next 10 or so years that is going to be added to the folders and will become part of the set. When that happens I'm expecting the price on that coin to skyrocket.

With somewhere between 5k and 10k released to circulation it's the only realy error from the clad series that was produced in enough volume to make it really special other than the wrong planchet errors.

Back
Top Bottom