Found a Civil War cannon ball today!

Big Boys Hobbies

Forum Sponsor
Well I have to say I was VERY excited to pull this out of the ground today! Its a Civil War cannon ball. Looks to be a 5 pounder. Trying to find more info on it as we speak. Anyone with ideas or info please speak up! Steve accused me of it being a softball but I can assure you its a very HEAVY softball! lol We found tons of musket balls and buttons today as well. Will post those later. We got it all on video so stay tuned for a video!

I want to thank GoneHunting, Steve Moore and Brian from Garrett for inviting me down. We all had a blast and enjoyed a day in the dirt! The AT Pro and AT Gold's were SMOKING hot on relics today!

Attachments

• Cannonball.JPG
    Cannonball.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,375
thats an awesome find! my buddy's uncle lives about 125 miles north of me, and he's got 2 cannonballs he uses as door stops. he found them in his garden while rowing up his tomatoes lol.

Thanks for the links 401k!

No I am 100% certain its a cannon ball. We dug several buttons and bullets today ant a great Civil War site deep in the woods.

From its deminsions it looks to be a 6 pounder.

Congrats on the great find! CW relics is what got me in the hobby and always love seeing CW items being recovered and saving part of history!

Have you actually weighed it? That would help go a long ways towards identifying it specifically...early on you say 5 pounder, then later 6 pounder! Weigh it and measure the diameter, that way a serious cannonball expert can give ya a true opinion on it!

Back
Top Bottom