Civil War Button

RF1

Dug this nice civil war button yesterday in central NC. Was at an old home site looking for coins, not thinking I would find a CW button. Got a sweet, deep signal and out it pops. This is only my second, but this one is in much better condition than my first.

Edit:added a photo after cleaning with ammonia.

Attachments

• cwbutton1.jpg
    cwbutton1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 659
  • cwbutton2.jpg
    cwbutton2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 645
  • cwbutton3.jpg
    cwbutton3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Will spend more time on that site, but I am thinking it may have just been a fluke.

At pro. This one was in dark red clay. The other one I found was in sandy loam, and that one was difficult to see detail.

Nice infantry button! Your soil treats them better than here on the coast. What machine are you using?

At pro. This one was in dark red clay. The other one I found was in sandy loam, and that one was difficult to see detail.

I also run the AT. Old brass buttons have a distinct chirp tone. I know what they are before digging them. Congrats again on the fine button!

That really cleaned up nice. If I am reading your backmark correctly, it seems to day "Drucker". According to the backmark book, Gustavus Drucker, NYC. Partner in firm of Horstmann Sons & Drucker, 1845-1849. And that is not a common backmark. Nice going.

Congratulations !! That is an extremely nice Infantry button. If that is only your second one, you are sure off to a great start.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom