New spot #6

VA-REB

Forum Supporter
Wasn't going out today but the weather forecast called for rain this afternoon and tomorrow. So I got a couple of hours in before the rain started.
5 more minnie balls, 4 of them pulled, 2 round balls, one of them fired, a little brass ring of some sort, and 2 items that I don't know. I believe they are brass. They are 1 3/4 inches long. Gave off a very nice signal like a belt plate. They were a couple hundred yards apart. Anyone know what they are? Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-36.jpg
    FullSizeRender-36.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 259
  • FullSizeRender-40.jpg
    FullSizeRender-40.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 258
  • FullSizeRender-38.jpg
    FullSizeRender-38.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 262
  • FullSizeRender-35.jpg
    FullSizeRender-35.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 259
  • FullSizeRender-39.jpg
    FullSizeRender-39.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 260
  • FullSizeRender-37.jpg
    FullSizeRender-37.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 259
I love pulled bullets. Looks like a great hunt! No clue on the brass things but they are interesting. Hope you get an id.

I've found about three of those little brass rings on Cw sites ..all with that strange little twist to them....I assume they were a link to a small chain of some sort... I put them in my wazzit piles and wait for you to tell me what it is.😃

I've found about three of those little brass rings on Cw sites ..all with that strange little twist to them....I assume they were a link to a small chain of some sort... I put them in my wazzit piles and wait for you to tell me what it is.😃

Don't wait for me to tell you. It is my wazzit pile also.:D

Perhaps from a brass curb chain?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 227
The "bear claws" might be rifle wedges. Used on old rifles to hold the barrel in the stock, mostly muzzle loaders. Look at photos of a Hawken and they are on the front of the stock under the barrel. Quick takedown for cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom