CRH Box of pennies all wheaties?

provingunique

Wow.. I got 25$ in pennies to sort em with my son... I always peek at the ends of rolls... 1st roll wheatie I flip it wheatie on the other end.. does this happen often? What key dates should I look for?

It also appears the are sorted by dates(mostly)...

Last edited:
WOW! You're going to have fun going through them. Do a 'google' search for 'wheat penny values' and you'll see a list of all the important/key dates and semi-key dates and mint marks you need to be looking for. Good luck and let us know what you find. : )

You can sell steelies for at least a quarter apiece if not more. Nice hit!

Greg

P.S. I'd be back at the bank seeing if they had any more denominations of coins brought in like that!

You may as well quit now b/c that will never happen again. lol

You snagged what are known as "customer rolls"

If you got a $25 bank box vs loose rolls, that wouldn't happen and you'd be lucky to pull 25 out of the entire box. I would also advise like someone said before me, to ask if they have any more and go get them...NOW.

1909-S VDB
1909-S
1909-S Over horizontal S
1910 With V.D.B. or 09' Reverse
1911-S
1911-D Over D (RPM)
1914-D
1914-S
1917-P Doubled Die Obverse
1922 No D
1931-S
1936 Doubled Die Obverse
1944 D/S Variety 1
1944 D/S Variety 2
1946 S/D
1955 Doubled die

None of the wheaties are earlier than 1920... half the box are a myriad of 20's... 4 rolls from the 30's a buncha rolls from 40's and a few from the 50's...

Going back tomorrow and grabbin another box... maybe I will get lucky again.

a1xk.jpg

One roll of steelies

I'm confused now. Are you saying you found a SEALED bank box and every roll inside was nothing but Wheaties?

OR

Was this just 50 rolls a customer brought in which is equal to one box? Take a pic of the actual sealed rolls BEFORE You open them.

It was a great find, but you came across someone's wheatie horde! They most likely were pulled from circulation shortly after the wheat series was ended, and have sat around in someone's sock drawer until they passed on. Then the relatives turned them in to the bank for paper money or deposited in a checking account to get rid of them. KT would be greatly surprised if you had any key dates, but with that many there is a possiblilty!

Congrats on your pulling them back out of circulation! HA HA :laughing::laughing:

Nice score! My best haul was 58 solid rolls of wheats, and two solid rolls of steelies.

You are on a roll!

Back
Top Bottom