ALWAYS check before you toss

Konadog

Elite Member
I had a bag of iron and trash that was from a couple places I hunt....one spot... is where we found bullets and other civil war relics.I went through it to make sure I wasn't about to chunk anything good when I spotted this....

Attachments

• IMG_0155_zpsj48jufa6.jpg
    IMG_0155_zpsj48jufa6.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 537
All right , man makes me want to go down and pick through a container I've been throwing things in for quite a number of yrs . :lol: Nice resave on your behalf .

Reminds me of a story of one of my finds. I found it in a lake and it was caked with sand. I just put it in my junk box. I had a party with a few of my metal detecting friends and we were talking about junk. I pulled out my junk box so they could see some of the things I find.

One of my friends (Unfortunately the one that drowned detecting) Tom Weaver saw this thing and said he saw two swords on it. I knew it was a pin because there was a pin in back but that was all that was visible. I just thought it was a kids toy. We boiled hydrogen peroxide and kept putting it in it. Well this is what it was. How it ended up in a lake in the middle of Michigan we will never know.

For those that do not know what it is. It's a WW2 German wound badge

Reminds me of a story of one of my finds. I found it in a lake and it was caked with sand. I just put it in my junk box. I had a party with a few of my metal detecting friends and we were talking about junk. I pulled out my junk box so they could see some of the things I find.

One of my friends (Unfortunately the one that drowned detecting) Tom Weaver saw this thing and said he saw two swords on it. I knew it was a pin because there was a pin in back but that was all that was visible. I just thought it was a kids toy. We boiled hydrogen peroxide and kept putting it in it. Well this is what it was. How it ended up in a lake in the middle of Michigan we will never know.

For those that do not know what it is. It's a WW2 German wound badge

That is a cool find....

Back
Top Bottom