Best areas of New Jersey!?

NJLuke

Does anyone know of some really interesting places to hunt in New Jersey, I've been aimlessly detecting!?

Welcome to the Forum. I just moved back to the house in which I was raised in NJ. Never detected here until this past year. I have about five years detecting experience from when I started in PA. I am hunting the full spectrum here. Playgrounds (old and new), sports fields (where spectators sit), schools (when no kids are there), town parks (the ones that are not kept in pristine condition), my own back yard, neighbors yards (in return for yard work), the edges of large parking lots (where snow is plowed into piles), friends yards (with permission), local woodlands and streams (town owned), and I plan on trying the beach for the first time ASAP. Remember State land is off limits for the most part, County land requires specific permission (in writing if possible) and the numerous Historical areas (most Federal) are completely out. I have not tried the "cold call" door knocking but that is a possibility also. Look for anywhere dirt is being disturbed- sidewalk tear-outs, new home construction, farm fields and clean fill (dirt) dump piles. NJ has a lot of history; you just need to do some research, look at old maps online, check out Google Earth and get permission when needed. Good luck and happy hunting. Matt

Hey thanks man I appreciate the feedback ! Sounds like I should stop worrying about where to hunt and just go

Depends on where you are in Jersey. I mainly hunt on private property, but I hunt parks, schools, wooded areas, and farms when i get the chance. Check out E-CODES for municpal codes, click on the state and town, then go to parks and recreation, a lot of times it says if MDing is not allowed in the parks.If there is nothing in the code I usually give it a try.

Where in NJ are you? I'm in Somerset County. Just getting into the hobby and doing schools and parks so far. I'd love to get permission for some private properties but haven't worked up the nerve yet.

Hit me up if you want to meet up for a hunt sometime.

I live in manalapan which has plenty f history just none of which you can actually dig on! I'm up to meeting up one day for a hunt

I work right now in manalapan until the 16 then I'm starting work in wall manalapan freehold and marlboro all have history look up some places on historic ariels and go and ask the owner if you can detect there

Back
Top Bottom