Past couple relic hunts.

VaMark

Elite Member
Did a little river hunting with my Buddy, The Wolf, and 2 other friends. It was a slow day trying to scout out some new spots. I managed to find a couple round balls, a flat button and an 1861 "Fatty" Indian Head. The Wolf "Stumbled" onto his awesome whiskey bottle.

Yesterday I met up with a new forum Buddy, Hunter081and his friend Col0311. We did some land hunting and near Col0311's new house and we all found some relics, Col0311 had just purchased her new MXT Pro that morning (first detector) and Hunter helped her and her husband set it up and start finding relics in the afternoon.
Hunter and I started earlier and about died from the heat. :coolinoff:
I found a couple bullets, camp lead, ration can pieces, percussion cap, a round high dome button and a nice Eagle button. It was great to meet up and MD with everyone! Looking forward to the next hunt! :impatient:

HH

Attachments

• 7-20-13riverindian.jpg
    7-20-13riverindian.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 400
  • 7-20-13riverstuff.jpg
    7-20-13riverstuff.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 7-22-13eagle.jpg
    7-22-13eagle.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 7-22-13stuff.jpg
    7-22-13stuff.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 391
When you say "river hunting", are you hunting underwater or are you hitting the shoreline? I have places on the James along the old Kanawha Canal to hit but would think there would be literal ton of modern trash.

When you say "river hunting", are you hunting underwater or are you hitting the shoreline? I have places on the James along the old Kanawha Canal to hit but would think there would be literal ton of modern trash.

Actually wading and diving, there is a lot of trash in some spots, most is closer to shore. Some days are more like river clean up trips. :lol:

Great finds!! Need to get out and do some hunting myself!! Feel like I'm living in Scotland with all of the rain we have been getting here in WV.

Back
Top Bottom