Box of halves

Chipk

Elite Member
A buddy of mine is a very serious coin collector and recently bought a box of half dollars and hit it big. All of the rolls were hand rolled and the majority of coins were 90%ers with a lot of 40%ers as well. He kept 4 coins for his collection and sold the rest for a VERY tidy profit.

Well I decided to try and bought a box but was unprepared for how difficult it was to buy halves. Seems many banks don’t carry them and two of my banks refused to order them for me. But finally got them.

Only had one silver, a 1964 and six 40%ers. But the last two rolls had a number of coins that look like proof coins. My buddy will know if they are or not

But the biggest surprise was a 1971. It’s gold. Gold plated I’m sure but still it was a surprise. There are some 24K Kennedy halves but they were newer. Still, it’s nice to hope.

Meanwhile I have a bunch of unrolled half dollars. I’m selling them to my friends at the special rate of two for a dollar. Any buyers?

Attachments

• FCFB1AE8-BB8C-4264-80B2-CE8738EECAB7.jpg
    FCFB1AE8-BB8C-4264-80B2-CE8738EECAB7.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 256
I have tried roll hunting here in our town. Have not had luck for years and now I know why. Two of the banks that I have gone to have told me if you are silver hunting you will not find any because they went through all of the coins and reroll them.:no:

Back
Top Bottom