What are your other hobbies?

Brewing beer, gardening, 50cc scooters, buisness and financials, cdl training(maybe not a hobby), guitar, building stuff i need like furniture or organizers, guns, numismatics, history, cooking, swimming, health and exercise, electronics, and probably a few others.

I have a few marbles that are made from Vaseline glass (also called Uranium glass I think) along with some fluorescent rocks, it's neat how they glow under UV light, some fluorescent rocks I need to use the shortwave UV light, others will glow with the longwave UV light.

Here is a picture I found online as an example: (I think I have pics of mine on my computer somewhere but not sure where offhand)
View attachment 421932
Wow love the marbels, have never seen them before, not even in the 3 older price guide books I have. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Wow love the marbels, have never seen them before, not even in the 3 older price guide books I have. Thanks for sharing.

No problem, I got some marbles that came free (with some free fluorescent rock samples too) with a UV light I purchased.

There are more powerful models that are more expensive, but I got a budget longwave/shortwave UV light, I also got some UV LED flashlights

https://www.ultraviolet-tools.com/ultaviolet-lamps-4-watt-6-watt/4-watt-shortwave/longwave-uv-lamp.html

This is likely not the same brand, but one of my flashlights is like this -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-365-nM-9-UV-LED-Ultraviolet-Leak-Detection-Flashlight-Blacklight/161973217109?hash=item25b65b2755%3Ag%3AuOQAAOSwB4NWubfm&_sacat=0&_nkw=led+uv+flashlight+365&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

There are places you can buy the marbles, but shop around for the best price (or just see if a vendor still gives free samples with a UV light purchase)

https://www.amazon.com/Uranium-Marbles-Black-Light-Chain/dp/B06XCDP1ZP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534350547&sr=8-1&keywords=marbles+vaseline+glass

Thanks GKL will look into that!

What style(s) do you study? If more than one, which is your favorite?

I have a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do , I've also studied in Bujinkan, as well as Judo. Judo is too tough on my already bad back, and Bujinkan cut too much into my Tae Kwon Do training at the time. I enjoyed all of them though.

I have a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do , I've also studied in Bujinkan, as well as Judo. Judo is too tough on my already bad back, and Bujinkan cut too much into my Tae Kwon Do training at the time. I enjoyed all of them though.

Over the years, I have studied Aikido, Hapkido, Arnis, Chin Na, and Wah Lum.

I liked Hapkido a lot, but I liked Arnis the best. Sadly, my instructor (he taught both Hapkido and Arnis) moved down to North Carolina and there is no place near by to study. I plan to return to Wah Lum once my hip issues are resolved.

Huge Ice fishing fan, kayak fishing too, also bottle digging. I love sports too, one of the advantages of living in title town :D happy hunting!

Of course metal detecting, ice fishing, repairing(trying to)antique clocks, gardening, and traveling around the states.

I absolutely love gardening. I never would have thought I would be growing food!! My dad had a stroke several years ago, so I had to take care of tje garden for him. I decided like it or not that he wasnt able to work in a garden anymore that I would habe the garden for him. Turns out I LOVE IT!!! He still comes out to supervise me, and I let him be the boss. Love my pop and will miss him so much when he is gone!!

My other hobbies would be fishing and videogames.

I am an avid tennis player. In fact, I am one of the best players in the nation in my age division. I guess all the swinging of my metal detector must help me swing a tennis racquet.

Back
Top Bottom