Equinox Waterproof Headphone question

NHhunter

Quick question...recently got a pair of the yellow Minelab waterproof headphones. I usually use cheap earbuds because I don't get too far out in the water but tonight I tried my new headphones. The sound from the Minelab headphones wasn't even close to the volume and crispness of the cheap earbuds. Could they be defective right out of the package or should I expect them to be quieter? In The water it was actually tough to hear signals, when I got home it seemed to be slightly louder but still not close to the buds. Thanks in advance

Quick question...recently got a pair of the yellow Minelab waterproof headphones. I usually use cheap earbuds because I don't get too far out in the water but tonight I tried my new headphones. The sound from the Minelab headphones wasn't even close to the volume and crispness of the cheap earbuds. Could they be defective right out of the package or should I expect them to be quieter? In The water it was actually tough to hear signals, when I got home it seemed to be slightly louder but still not close to the buds. Thanks in advance

This seems to be on ongoing issue with the Equinox. Many others have also noticed the lack of volume needed to hunt the surf or beaches with the waterproof headphones.
The rumor is there is going to be an update soon for the Equinox and this is one of the issues it will be addressing.
You would think that being a waterproof machine, there would have been some good amount of time detecting at the beach, how none of the testers noticed the lack of volume is beyond me BUT maybe they did take note but the "company" was already behind getting these units to the consumer and they may have just decided to release it and fix the issue later. If that is the case then we may have got the shaft, and not the "wobbly" shaft either, that is a whole nother story LOL!

Sounds like they are working as they were designed - really bad, low volume, etc.

The yellow headphones on the Excal.......uncomfortable and bad fitting
The yellow headphones on the CTX.........uncomfortable and low volume.
Glad to see they hit the trifecta!

Yea they are a little quieter than the non waterproof headphones, did you try turning up the volume?

Nice, I have not gotten mine underwater yet, but seemed fine with the volume a few ticks under the max volume. I will have to get underwater with them soon.

Back
Top Bottom