What is the laws about detecting State lands where you live?

thedeserttortoise

Just wondering if New Mexico is that much different than other areas. New Mexico's game laws are definitely not for their residents and I just found out today that metal detecting on our state lands seems to be out of the question. Do you get to detect in your state parks? How about unimproved and open state lands. Lets see what states are the least restrictive. I personally am interested in comments from Colorado as I love their game laws and if their views on detecting are good I'll probably move.

Funny you should ask. I looked up my area (Kentucky) today and could find nothing preventing detecting. TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) property requires a permit. I printed the form out today at work and will be sending out tomorrow.
Todd

I am kind of surprised that we don't have some kind of consensus regarding state MD rules... but every so often this type of question comes up and good links are provided.

This link is one I bookmarked and it's a great resource regarding each state in terms of STATE parks... not cities or towns, but the state land.

http://www.fmdac.org/parks/parks.htm

Great link. It really gives you an idea of each states view of our hobby. I like the ones that say maybe, and ask you to contact the specific state park rep. Better are the ones that say yes with a permit. I live next to the biggest lake in the state. It has I believe the largest beach in the state. You can four wheel practically the whole thing. I checked today, and they don't allow md'ing. Kinda surprised me. I did notice that quite a few states with beach's have pretty reasonable provisions in place. I'm still growing fonder of Colorado each day. Thanks for the link..Ron

Back
Top Bottom