Hot-Hot-Hot

Sven

Elite Member
Dragged my butt out of bed at 7am, hit the road by 8. The weather report called for rain to start by 7 and stop by 8, wrong, stayed overcast. And start again by 1 in the afternoon, wrong.
Had the Impact with me and decided to try out the small coil, DI3 mode at 20khz.
Drove to one school yard, played around there for about 45 minutes, the ground was dry and hard to dig more than 2", if that. With all the rain we had, the ground should have been moist.
Packed up and scoped out another schoolyard, same ground conditions as before. Have to say, the hard ground is a wrist killer. Looked at my map, there was another schoolyard about 20 minutes away, that may have some good soil and make for some easy digging. That would be my next stop.

By now the sun came out, almost no wind and the temp was climbing, this schoolyard eventually became a oven. Ground conditions were still dry but, dig-able to about 6", had to try my luck.
Started off slow, a penny here and a penny there, another penny over there. Oh wow, a nickel over yonder. After about an hour found my first Loonie ($1), 5 minutes later a Toonie ($2). Almost quit detecting due to the heat and sweat, those two coins kept me motivated. More pennies, a quarter, a few more nickel, then jackpot--a coin spill. One hole two Loonies and one Toonie. Alrighty then, think I am on a roll. Took an another hour before I hit my Loonie for the day..
My water was in the car, so before I succumbed to dehydration, it was time to mosey slowly back there, detecting as I go. Just a few more pennies, a set of keys, a metal knob.

Roughly hauled in about $9.00, no gold, no silver. Plenty of pulltabs, some bottle caps, canslaw, wire, lead slug.

So the smaller coil worked really well, I liked it and it goes plenty deep, pinpoints and separated multiple targets easily.

When I got home, took off my 1995 era Shimano baseball fishing cap, my finger stuck to a couple of the letters imprinted on the hat and the inside head band became slimy. Don't know if it was either of bug spray and sunscreen or a combination of both. It does burn if you get a tiny bit in your eye. Well, guess this hat led a good life, out digging, fishing, detecting.....it finally found a resting place in the trash can.

Back
Top Bottom