OMG is it REAL!? UPDATED!

Numil

Elite Member
The Ring's owner returned from her trip to the mainland and we got together so I could give her back her class ring. If she had been wearing lipstick she would have gotten it on both hears, her smile was that big. Pics Below of the return.

For a guy who just retired last week I'm not getting in a lot of detecting due to home renovations and having to stick close to the house for this and that.

I did get out today for just over an hour and hit a beach close to the house to maximum my time. This beach is trashy, has a really nasty shore break and the waves were 5 ft and pounding the sand. The Equinox was doing a great job seperating out the trash mostly so stuck to the damp/dry and hunted the towel line. First 10 min into the hunt I pulled a ring. Its small, yellow, and heavy. Whooo Hoooo!. No time to slow down I only got a little time and a lot of beach to scan. Just about time to head back home I get a strong strong signal, insert scoop and OMG look at the size of that yellow snake in my scoop. It must be too good to be true and.... sadly it is. Its a Chinese knock-off of a gold necklace but what a thrill even if it was short lived.

The ring is 10K (had to acid test it to find out), and heavy for a ladies ring at 8.2 grams. Its a class ring from a local high school and has the girl's full named engraved inside. A junior high school girl (soon to be a senior) will be getting her ring back soon enough. I know some of you scurvy dogs will moan but I have a soft spot for the lasses.

HH y'all and GL out there!

Attachments

• Kam Necklace.jpg
    Kam Necklace.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Kam Ring 2020.jpg
    Kam Ring 2020.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 912
  • Kam Ring 2020a.jpg
    Kam Ring 2020a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 901
Last edited:
A chain like that I would have nitro pill, real or not real!

Your a good Pirate! All I can say...:pirate2:

:dingding:Sucks on the chain but you did good on the ring and are going to do even better on the return. Remember the reunion pic and the story.

That would've been one heavy chain if it were real :( The gold class ring makes up for it though... Nice hunt!

..... Its a class ring from a local high school and has the girl's full named engraved inside. A junior high school girl (soon to be a senior) will be getting her ring back soon enough. I know some of you scurvy dogs will moan but I have a soft spot for the lasses. ...

You are one cool dude ! Human relations and who-dunnit-mysteries solved, is half the fun of the hobby! Not only that, but : They'll be saving you a spot next to mother Teresa ya know ! Good job. Good story. Good pix.

Nice rescue and return Numil. Wish the chain was a keeper. Good karma coming your way.

R5

That chain would have made my heart flutter a little...… ;)

Nice ring, good luck on the return!

Back
Top Bottom