Good story of a permission

flyguy784

Elite Member
I was recently givin a couple very interesting permissions. I was asked by a friends wife to help her get rid of some of his belongings, he had recently passed. Just the stuff she knew nothing about. They included a massive amount of woodworking machines and tools and a very large collection of fly fishing stuff. long story short, I managed to sell all the tools etc and most of the fishing and tying equipment. The fishing items that didn't sell, I decided he would have wanted them donated to the local trout unlimited org. Off I go with several rods, a couple reels and boxes and boxes of feathers, furs, hooks, vises etc etc. The gentlemen that runs the local chapter owns an old mill on a creek as well as 90 acres that it's rumored, may be the route Gen Cornwallis used to flank George Washington at the "Battle of Brandywine". I Explain my donation, brought it all in and sat to discuss the history of his farm. Well, I didn't have to ask permission. He asked me if I would hunt his properties. Totaling about 150 acres. He was over joyed when I told him my brother and I would spend our summer recovering all we could. All of his locations were settled in the early 1700's.
One day, while hunting his creek mill house, a woman pulled in and asked if she could help us. I told her what we were doing and she said, I'm HIS sister and I'd love to have you come and hunt my farm as well. Her house is sitting on about 35 acres and was built in 1740.
Needless to say, we're covered for a year of hunting some great locations.
We've started recently and have already found numerous more modern silver coins, a crisp Liberty Cent (1816), mid 1800's flat buttons and best of all so far an 1806 half reale.
Not only do we now have these permissions, but each time we show up, the owners are overjoyed to see us. Can you say, YAHOOOO!

Oh MY!! What an amazing permission. Just the kind I like to read about. Can't wait to hear about some more of your amazing finds.

Super jealous! Sounds like a dream for you guys - hope to see some amazing finds you come up with over the summer

So, let me get this straight....your friends Wife is a widow you are saying? Her dearly departed spouse was not only a woodworker but also a fisherman? Which led you to the Big Permission? And then you run into the Mill owners Sister who also has property?....

Question!...Are either of these two Ladies participants on "Our Time" or "Silver Seniors" dating sites? Are either of them somewhat spry and resemble Emmy Lou Harris?

You certainly are a reprehensible liar!...I am throwing a flag here!...This kind of stuff just doesnt happen!

If this unbelievable post happens to be true, throw a Brother a bone here!...PM me their digits! Maybe be on hand to make the introduction?...Was there a big Life Insurance Policy do you know? :laughing:

Your whole premise of this post says: "Yougoddabeshiddinme!"

I assure you Mud, it's true. Widow one, the woodworkers wife, is quite a spry, vibrant woman. Her husband passed about a year ago. As I went through the process of liquidating the shop for her, she would frequently ask if I knew any single men, but as my post may indicate, we're knee deep in widows here in Chester County. Why you can't swing a dead husband around here without hitting a widow. I guess that doesn't bode well for my longevity now that I think about it. She just sold her house and purchased a home in Florida. Yes, there was a substantial life insurance policy, 1 mil.
Now widow number two, she's older and a dear sweet woman. She was married to fine gentleman who's roots in our area go back a couple hundred years. Consequently, that family owns a great deal of land and properties throughout the county. She may be looking but is nowhere near as overt about it as widow one.
That being said, anyone looking to locate old coins, relics, rev war items or widows need look no further than Chester county. Introductions can be arranged for a small fee. If interested, go to my new business web site, wegotwidows.com and apply.

Dang all the old widows who flirt with me do not have any financial resources like large land holdings and my wife of 55 years insists that they be wealthy if I am to respond.

That's very interesting, even though what you have already found would have me just beside myself, I have a feeling greater things have yet to see light yet....Good luck...and Happy Hunting!!!! :cool: :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom