Fisher CZ21 troubleshooting

phme910

I purchased an used c21 from a scuba shop. I used to have a Fisher 1280x.
I was hoping to upgrade.
I replace the batteries, with same new batteries.
I have all the buttons on default & sens to 0-1.
It seems to work when I first turn it on & then it seems to not work.
I am not sure if it's shutting off or if there is a serious issue.
It will make the bubbling noise thru the head phones only at the start & then that disappears. No noise with metal.
Any ideas on what I might check?

thanks

I dont like that 'bubbling noise' you mentioned...The damn thing either should work or not...they are built like a tank and considered bulletproof....Maybe better call Felix at First Texas?...Just too many scenarios for us to take a shot at randomly...

Reason I say this is I bought a used CZ20 once...It took a mighty dump shortly thereafter...I tried everything obvious and simple and then sent it in to Felix at FTP...He fixed me straight up and repaired it into a CZ21 and I about broke even on the deal...
Hell, I even took the brain box apart, which I DO NOT recommend! good Luck there Pal...
Mud

I'm with Mud on this. I bought my CZ-20 used on E-bay from a guy in Michigan. I only used it a few times and noticed something was wrong. (Evidently the Michigan guy knew this). Anyways, I sent it Fisher and they did a good job. It's not a bad idea to have it sent in and that way you'll know its a tip-top machine coming back. I don't find repairs on our machines cheap though. :no:

I purchased an used c21 from a scuba shop. I used to have a Fisher 1280x.
I was hoping to upgrade.
I replace the batteries, with same new batteries.
I have all the buttons on default & sens to 0-1.
It seems to work when I first turn it on & then it seems to not work.
I am not sure if it's shutting off or if there is a serious issue.
It will make the bubbling noise thru the head phones only at the start & then that disappears. No noise with metal.
Any ideas on what I might check?

thanks

Sending it to FTP is probably a good idea. But first, SENS on 0-1? Crank it up to 10. Set GB on 10 also.

Back
Top Bottom