Got me a surprise V nickel...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Trying to some straight up coin cherry picking settings on the Nox, only 3 numbers, 12-14, around nickels and like 24 and up on the rest.
Went to my local park down the block and hunted in areas I had hit uncountable times just looking to squeeze out a coin, any coin.
I got a nickel signal in a place I had hunted to death but never found much and was infested with iron and trash.
About 4-5" down I flip up a nickel sized coin and I was thrilled.
It was really dirty like nickels can get and I was happy to get any coin but I was hoping for a buff and not a newer Washington.
One side was totally wiped clean and I knew what that meant...only the V nics I have found did this to this extent.
I flipped it over and rubbed and sure enough I see the head of Lady Liberty and a 1911 date.
I think.

Any nickel I was able to notice in this trash heap would have been great, a buff would have been the best and I wasn't even thinking about anything older.

I love getting surprised in this hobby.

Attachments

• user10659_pic80573_1560890232.jpg
    user10659_pic80573_1560890232.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 340
Congrats, D27! A V nickel from a hunted out site is definitely a sweet surprise. :woot:

Great to find an old V . We have only found one in many years of searching. Congrats!

Deep, dirty, and slick-el. Oh yeah! It's a V nickel! Congrats! You know, those can read 10-11 on the 'noxes sometimes. If you like digging V's, listen for those deep 10s and 11s too. Got 2 that way a couple days ago. :D

Back
Top Bottom