HUGE cut exposes some gold!

Great stuff, love those huge cuts.

Me,I'd be camping there for sure until I had totally cleaned it out .. good luck on future hunts there.

Thanks! I'd probably spend a lot more time there if I could, but with school and study I'm quite limited unfortunately.

WOW. I've only seen a cut like that once out on Sanibel Island. They are rare here on the Gulf Coast.

These larger cuts appear here usually every few years in Winter.

thanx. Those are woodie-material for beach-erosion chasers, haha. But I can see how this cut is a few days old already. Because the sand at the base has already softened up. Footprints are sunk in, etc...

Ideally it would be hard to the step. Meaning soft sand had never been allowed to pile on top of the recent erosion. But .... It's hard to argue with results. Seems like you got more stuff no problem ! Thanx for the added pix :cool:

The highest swell was Monday night, so I guess that's when this cut was formed, so yeah, it's a few days old. Most of the stuff we found was actually within 20ft of the cut's base (including the ring). There's still a few targets out there which I might get today. Thanks :)

Congrats on the gold!

Thank you! :)

Congrats on the gold! that's a nice lookin band!

Thanks Slimpickuns! :)

nice score congrats on the yellow:D

Thank you! :grin:

Nice write up and score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! :)

thanx. Those are woodie-material for beach-erosion chasers, haha. But I can see how this cut is a few days old already. Because the sand at the base has already softened up. Footprints are sunk in, etc...

Ideally it would be hard to the step. Meaning soft sand had never been allowed to pile on top of the recent erosion. But .... It's hard to argue with results. Seems like you got more stuff no problem ! Thanx for the added pix :cool:

Went down again for another hour. Swell was at 3.8m (12.5ft) so I was limited to only a small area. Got two more silver threepences and a few modern coins. The swell forecast says it will get up to 21ft next week Thursday so I've got my fingers crossed ;). Also got this picture today

NICE gold!

Thank you! :)

I knew you'd be hitting a gold ring soon. Nice going! Thanks for posting this. Most of us wish we could be there.

Thank you! Swell should pick up again next week so I'm hoping this cut will get even bigger! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 151
Some day Hawaii is gonna get some strong tidal surges and make some cuts like the one you've shown. Congrats on the gold.. yes i'm jealous so there... lol

Did you get a photo of the cut?

Yes...I included one on reply number 14 and also in the reply before yours (although in that pic the water was back up against the cut).

Some day Hawaii is gonna get some strong tidal surges and make some cuts like the one you've shown. Congrats on the gold.. yes i'm jealous so there... lol

Thanks Numil! I should actually revisit that spot. We got some 20ft swells there last week but I was on holiday gold prospecting so I didn't make it. Might be still something there if it isn't too sanded in yet.

Wow, that is one nice looking cut and a nice gold ring to show for it. Congrats. Hopefully more will come out of that!

Thanks! Cut was a pretty decent one. This post was from about a year ago, but that spot got hammered by a 20ft swell last week so might check it out tomorrow. Hopefully isn't too sanded in by now.

Back
Top Bottom