MX Sport fan club

I'm looking at getting one, what does the threshold do and why does it hum when turned up? I noticed in videos I've watched

I'm looking at getting one, what does the threshold do and why does it hum when turned up? I noticed in videos I've watched

The threshold hums until the coil goes over a target. It helps when there is a target that is real deep and doesn't register well enough to throw a VDI reading or good tone. The machine will go from the hum of the threshold to quiet on such a target. Usually it goes from the quiet part of the scale onto the target tone. Really helps if you're a relic hunter digging everything. The MX Sport is a really sensitive machine and I find it hits on the tiniest targets even when it isn't cranked up. Hot as a firecracker for sure! Good luck and HH!

might be good in the Philippines

I hope you get one Dave. You will need a long handel scoop too.... KEN

If they get the problems resolved i was thinking it might be good for finding all that lost treasure over there , while skipping the large amounts of trash. Since most places over there have never had trash service. With 400 years of Spanish rule and all most no one has a detector. Over 7000 islands to explore got to be some good odds of finding some thing worthwile. :detector::detector::digginahole:

I think I'm gonna wait to see if they get the bugs worked out first. I would love to have one but won't be till February.

the mxs is the first real detector i have ever owned so all i have to compare it with was a $40 machine bought in the 80's. my mxs works great and has found lots of stuff even though i really didn't have a clue how to really use it. i can hardly wait for some rain so i can dig up some more treasure.

Got out for about 90 minutes yesterday. It was the first time using my fixed mxs for any length of time. Nothing special found. Some clad and a junk ring. Using coin and jewelry mode, the machine ran great. Ran with audio modulation on but it still doesn't work. Everything else is quite good. Pinpoint is spot on. I really like the reject volume. I ran it at 20%. No threshold and sensitivity st 4. 8 tones. HH

Henry

Finally, A positive thread about the MX Sport.
I got one of the first batch shipped, in fact I believe the first one in my state on 2/25/16. i worked it for a month and sent it back in for the firmware update and have been using it since: 110+ days hunted, 5800+ coins (but only a few silver or wheats), a dozen+ silver rings/jewelry, one gold/diamond ring, and lots interesting items.

I've hunted mostly in C/J 8 tone and All Metal, day and night, dry and in the rain/snow, but never underwater. while there are some issues with build quality/design, they are minor and White's will address any issue and stand by the warranty. Great company.

I'm still learning how to use all the features, but it has replaced my MXT All Pro as the daily go-to detector. I've actually gotten to like the digital sounds compared to the MXT All Pro. I would like to see a tutorial about how to use each of the features on the detector. As easy as it is to turn on and go, I feel like I'm not using it to the maximum capability. I'm still using the stock coil.

So, count me in as a happy MX Sport user. And thanks for starting a positive thread about the machine.

"J"

Back
Top Bottom