Minelab Safari advise on settings...

BobMack

for beach hunting. I got the Safari delivered Friday, I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a few days and are there any settings I need to change? Or factory settings be sufficient? I plan to start out hunting with "All metal" setting. Any advise would be highly appreciated! thx.

I would dig everything in all metal. Great place to get familiar with your Safari. PM sent.

I'm at the beach and have done several hours of hunting on the beach. I'm really impressed how easy the safari is to operate. All i had to do was turn it on and hunt with no problems. So far 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 3 nickles, and 5 pennies. And a bunch of pull tabs and bottle tops. Going to do some more hunting tonight, that's if my arms can handle it. They both are sore. :lol:

Hey Bob, I have the Safari and and have had alot of luck at the beach. I dont hunt in all metal I hunt in coin and jewelry mode and dig all signals. Its works very well in the water thats where I do most of my beach hunting. I do suggest you do some air tests with some jewelry just so you can remember those I.D numbers.

quote - detectorwill

hunt in coin and jewelry mode and dig all signals

sensitivy ..............auto 32

var...........10
limits........10
threshold....5 or 6....7

manual noise cancel to 8 or 9......if salt water beach

deep.....on
fast......off

DO U HAVE THE NEWER PRO COIL......11" ??.........IF NO............U NEED ONE.

give it a try and let us know how u make out..........

Thanks for the heads up guys. Read your post alittle to late Max, I'm back at home. I will try those settings next time I go back. And yes it came with the 11" DD coil. I didn't go back out that evening, the wife wanted to go out so you know how that goes. So detectorwill, you actually put your coil in the water? I know it's waterproof but I couldn't bring myself to dip it in the salt water. I did however rinse the coil real good with a water hose.

Oh BTW, instead of posting pics of some worthless clad, I thought I share a picture of this mornings sunrise. It was awesome!

029.jpg

Hey Bob, I have the Safari and and have had alot of luck at the beach. I dont hunt in all metal I hunt in coin and jewelry mode and dig all signals. Its works very well in the water thats where I do most of my beach hunting. I do suggest you do some air tests with some jewelry just so you can remember those I.D numbers.

Myrtle Beach is on the coast (Pacific Ocean/salt water), not fresh water beaches like the Columbia river :no:

Myrtle Beach is on the coast (Pacific Ocean/salt water), not fresh water beaches like the Columbia river :no:

Is it socially acceptable to quote myself? Check it out Nephew, there's a Myrtle Beach in the South too, on the Atlantic...who woulda thunk it? :shock:

Back
Top Bottom