• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

EQX 800 wearing monster 15x12 coil scores a KO in first round 2.5 minutes in.

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
First outing with the bigger 15”x12” coil for Equinox. At first today not as windy but as the day progressed super duper windy. Hunting same site basically where the 3 silver bits/coins were found this past Friday. I used the coil for aprox 2.5 hours. Not a bad feel using this coil on Equinox. A minesweeper for sure. Only run in field 2 speed 5 iron bias 0. Sens at 23 and detector was very stable. I think it helps to have some Nox time under your belt land hunting using stock before one embarks using this monster coil. Second target of the day about 2.5 minutes into actual detecting sweeping time another BINGO. Another Spanish cut bit real small. Even smaller than the one I found with Deus Hf elliptical coil some time ago about 500 yards from where I was today. Buried undisturbed it read 14/15 on sweeps. When plug was dug and inverted signal jumped to 20. My friend Scott got target out of plug and sure enough another bit. Scott is a member here btw goes by Curbdog.

I apologize for the wind. But figured these bits don’t come easy. Had to show some video.
On a side note.
I changed to stock coil and the wind got real stiff. Like 30 plus and even higher gusts. I couldn’t hear very well using my wi stream module and Walkman style headphones. Remember now I have quite a few hours of hunting using Wi stream in this site. So I turned on the Bluetooth and proceeded. I instantly could tell/hear the delay. After 10 minutes they went back in the truck and I again put wi stream setup back on and kept going.

Not all finds shown in this short video today.
Will post a few pics.
Also I talk iin this video. The detector used to try and see if it can hear the bit before dug was actually a Kruzer 14 detector with 11” dd coil of off my Anfibio multi. I said in video in one spot it was a Anfibio multi. Not true.

This big Coil seems can strike small targets.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-UptIIFiLfQ

Here is pic of Spanish bit. Quite a bit thinner than US clad dime. Clad dime in pic for scale. Likely this bit off of a 1700s era coin.

ml1m5t.jpg

Rest of finds. Nails at top. The rest nonferrous.
2dvo1t5.jpg

Last edited:
2 things for sure...the coil has good “eyes” and you have a HELL of a site! Wind is also my filming nemesis...I’m currently looking for a viable solution.

2 things for sure...the coil has good “eyes” and you have a HELL of a site! Wind is also my filming nemesis...I’m currently looking for a viable solution.

IDX,
Been detecting here since Dec 2010, as a pure rookie. But bought Deus in 2013. And bought other detectors too. Was given 2 detector models to test for manufacturer. So not a rookie the whole time spent detecting in this site.
I have provided clues here for folks (on this forum). If they will watch all my videos. Folks don’t have to watch. I sure don’t make any revenue by them doing.

There are other sites just as good out there for folks. Question is do all folks realize due to what they have found??? Or not found??

Some terms here for folks to ponder.
More hints.

Obsoleter
Extractor
Tonal behavior
Ease of understanding
Ease of reporting

I report you decide.
When you see such a monster coil strike on something so small.
Sirens should go off!!

Notice I said Eqx made a KO find.
This is exactly correct. It is the detector doing, not me.
I just hold it and sweep and it tells me where to dig.

I won’t go any further here for obvious reasons. Just remember I do have other detectors. Superficial use of Eqx a user won’t know how good it is really.

I found as much with the CTX coming from the EX2 as well...EASE OF UNDERSTANDING is what allows me to be successful with it. Of course,if the machine doesn’t GIVE you the clue to start with,well...it’s pretty hard to understand what you never hear!
I hear you about videos...they can actually be a bit of a PITA to make and have it be of some use to the viewer. But I don’t really see a point in making them otherwise. I have learned a great deal from others,and at some point it feels like the “right thing to do” to try to help someone else who may be struggling.
Keep it coming...

I found as much with the CTX coming from the EX2 as well...EASE OF UNDERSTANDING is what allows me to be successful with it. Of course,if the machine doesn’t GIVE you the clue to start with,well...it’s pretty hard to understand what you never hear!
I hear you about videos...they can actually be a bit of a PITA to make and have it be of some use to the viewer. But I don’t really see a point in making them otherwise. I have learned a great deal from others,and at some point it feels like the “right thing to do” to try to help someone else who may be struggling.
Keep it coming...

Yep. You understand where I am coming from. Every single video I do is for a reason. Not to show off. Relay info to folks.

I see folks all the time when detectors are being compared or talked about. It is their defense of their detector. My detector saw the target too. This seeing the target is a smaller part of the equation really when thinking about targets in the wild trying to locate them. So another hint here.

Some of the targets shown I locate with EQX in my videos probably look real easy don’t they?? Are they???
Hint: look down at my signature line.

Maybe here is the $64,000 question.
Do you want to wrestle or do you want to hear, dig and go on?

Last edited:
Man that’s a great find TSS!

I bought the 6”. While I like having it, now I’m wanting to try the 15!

Thanks.
I need to spend a whole outing in this area using then little 6” coil on Nox just to see what happens. Takes a lot of patience to do though.

Well done on finding that small sliver of silver! The more and more I hunt with the Nox the more it impresses me at how versatile it is.

I have BIG question regarding the 15"

the 11 is pretty deep but does the 15 go even deeper?

I can’t say yet one way or the other in my soil. Here is some thing else to consider. On edge coin thin finds. The EQX has a knack for giving tone before coil is over such scenario. So is it possible the bigger coil (since it is wider) to do a better job here, and or possibly alert on such a scenario a little deeper. Just speculative here on my part. More time using coil maybe I can draw some better conclusions. Bigger coil won’t be my go to coil much. Site cleanup and maybe some freshwater beach hunting.

Bigger coil may yield better signal though vs stock coil on a target considered deep for stock coil. This being a better signal just might make the difference between a successful locating of a target vs walking right on by.

I can’t say yet one way or the other in my soil. Here is some thing else to consider. On edge coin thin finds. The EQX has a knack for giving tone before coil is over such scenario. So is it possible the bigger coil (since it is wider) to do a better job here, and or possibly alert on such a scenario a little deeper. Just speculative here on my part. More time using coil maybe I can draw some better conclusions. Bigger coil won’t be my go to coil much. Site cleanup and maybe some freshwater beach hunting.

Bigger coil may yield better signal though vs stock coil on a target considered deep for stock coil. This being a better signal just might make the difference between a successful locating of a target vs walking right on by.

Thanks for the Info !!!!!!!

Thanks for the Info !!!!!!!

You are welcome.
I post info about bigger coil as I get what I consider solid info in comparing to stock coil. My soil is medium mineralized.
I can already say biggest coil on Nox more of an Emi magnet compared to stock coil. (This is typical for bigger coil)
Sens levels 23, 24 and 25 Nox starts getting noisy compared to stock coil in area where I test detectors ( very near directly under single phase power lines). And close to occupied home with all the day to day living gadgets inside.

But seems even at sensitivity level 20, this biggest coil has very respectable depth. I can’t put any real numbers on it yet. I may in time.

Back
Top Bottom