Sackies 'N gold today

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Hit a few tot lots today - dug a bunch of coins, some junk jewelry, a 10 K ring, 2 Sackies and the omnipresent live bullet. Dug for 4 1/2 hours straight - wiped out now.

The ring is a nice size, fits an adult, partly Black Hills gold and is stamped 10 K. And it's already spoken for Rusty :)
Steve in so az

Attachments

• take 3.jpg
    take 3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 149
  • ring 3.jpg
    ring 3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 175
That was a very nice day! I'd rather be tired from doing that than almost anything else! ;)

:wow: Nice haul.

That's a decent amount of quarters too. What did it all add up to?

Nice going Steve. You got a 45 you can use that round in? I think I got to come down to Tucson and try out your tot lots.

Joe O - I have been to Phx and they sure do have a lot of them also. Same makeup of people I believe, Steve in so az

Great find day Steve,
I don't know what it's like there in AZ but here in NV the tot lots are few and far between anymore because they are building them with rubber matting now days are you finding these out there?

Rusty - Yes we have some rubber matted tot lots - fortunately not many . They sure do kill it all I know. Another thing the city has been doing over the last couple years is to remove all moving things in the play areas, like the swings. Maybe lawsuits ?? Steve

Around here the tot-lots are popping up all over, passed by one on the way home from the lake, big party going on there, so i know where i am going tomorrow morning ............

Congrats on the gold ! Nice coin haul too; looks like you're well on your way to another 10,000 + year . HH Roadrunner

Thanks RR - 1/3 of the way already.
As to those rubber mats in the play areas = if they have any sand or chipbark right up to them be sure to check where they meet. Coins roll off the rubber and go into the sand. Besides many a coin dug there I got a diamond ring 2 years ago there. Steve in so az

Steve, that's an awesome haul. :wow:
That's a lot of bending and kneeling to pluck things from the ground.

You did very well. I think I'm gonna hit some tot lots around here.

RD :coolest:

Back
Top Bottom