Nugget Busters NDT

Brian

Elite Member
Anyone using Nugget Busters NDT or ordinary Nugget Busters. I've been offered a nearly new pair half price but can't really find out why the person is selling them. I like the Grey Ghosts/Mole Superphones etc that I have but with my wife detecting more and everytime you go to a rally there seems to be people with broken phones trying to borrow a pair I need another set.
Is it that tone has been sacrificed for volume ?

The Nuggett Busters work well...I like my Rats with the Sov mod better though.
The Busters have 2 knotch volume controls that work pretty well.They are also fairly quite.I think the audio response is a little more wide range and clear with the Rats.
The only problem I had with the Busters was the molded jack crapped out...it would come and go.
I cut it off and soldered a switchcraft jack back on and they are good to go.
I use the Busters in the woods and the Rats on the Beach...But for half price I dont think you could go wrong...I'd just go ahead and put a real jack on them from the get go.

The molded jack went on my Gray Ghosts (not NDT) just after they went out of warranty so I had to replace but you just can't get a small angled jack in the U.K. which is a bit of a pain if you have a machine like the Troys with the socket facing away towards the coil.

Back
Top Bottom