Need a detector for Wife

Bcaztx

Looking for a detector for my wife. Looking to spend less than $200. I need something easy for her to use and understand. Our target areas will be beaches and parks. I had the Teraso Compadre in mind but I think they're going out of business. Thanks!

Looking for a detector for my wife. Looking to spend less than $200. I need something easy for her to use and understand. Our target areas will be beaches and parks. I had the Teraso Compadre in mind but I think they're going out of business. Thanks!

Garrett ACE 200 or 250, I just purchased the 250 for my wife.

Hi,
If you want a simple to use, very lightweight detector with no gimmicks, just 3 tone audio, big numerical display, sensitivity and pinpointing, take a look at the Teknetics Minuteman or the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. They are the same detector internally but come with a different faceplate and a different coil. The 8" concentric coil on the Minuteman makes pinpointing easy. This detector is like a Tesoro Compadre in its simplicity and is deadly on 8" or less targets, works great on dry and wet sand with some sensitivity adjustments and has very accurate target ID. You would need headphones or earbuds with an inline volume control with both.

Jeff

Another vote for Eurotech Pro. It is my "guest/kids" metal detector. I took it out once this year just to make sure everything was good. It really is a pretty fun machine to use and you can set it knock out or lower volume of iron.

8" Concentric on it is awesome. I also have a sniper coil and the White Teknetics 10x5 DD for it. It takes all the Greek series coils, so there are many coils available.

D

Need a detector for Wife. That is a very hard question. Trying to find a "wife" is a very difficult task and those detectors are not exactly cheap. Plus being successful in that task, you must take under consideration whether or not she will fit in your finds pouch. In most cases it will probably end up with a compromise between your thoughts and hers. It will be a very difficult task and the best of luck in your adventure.:roll:

Need a detector for Wife. That is a very hard question. Trying to find a "wife" is a very difficult task and those detectors are not exactly cheap. Plus being successful in that task, you must take under consideration whether or not she will fit in your finds pouch. In most cases it will probably end up with a compromise between your thoughts and hers. It will be a very difficult task and the best of luck in your adventure.:roll:

Haha. I was going to post something similar. You beat me to it.

Hi,
If you want a simple to use, very lightweight detector with no gimmicks, just 3 tone audio, big numerical display, sensitivity and pinpointing, take a look at the Teknetics Minuteman or the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. They are the same detector internally but come with a different faceplate and a different coil. The 8" concentric coil on the Minuteman makes pinpointing easy. This detector is like a Tesoro Compadre in its simplicity and is deadly on 8" or less targets, works great on dry and wet sand with some sensitivity adjustments and has very accurate target ID. You would need headphones or earbuds with an inline volume control with both.

Jeff

X2

Ace 250. I have two with different coils..hubby has an AT Max. Read the book, bench test and go. All she will ever need. I think they stopped making them. You will have to go to the 300. BIG decision is which coil. I have both but prefer the concentric for very specific reasons. Husband has DD so until she learns them start with the concentric. Way easier to target and recover fast.Garretts full headphones are great too. Garrett all the way for us. Run that 300 at 1 or 2 sensitivity on wet sand on in the saltwater. The factory setting of jewelry 3 sensitivity is really good for most everything. Read Garretts book is excellent. He was a genius.

The absolute best thing is to let her try several different ones before buying. I had two gals that tried a compadre, a coinmaster and a couple others. One hated the tesoro and loved the whites and the other was the opposite.

Don't do it lol you will be digging holes for her every couple minutes.
Might as well leave your detector home and just carry a shovel and pinpointer.

You should be able to get a used Whites M6 within the $200 range, probably more like $250-$300 though. It is worth every penny IMO. It is very easy to use and works great in salt and fresh water. I own two of them ;-)

Last edited:
Get her a lightweight scoop so she doesn't have to bend down too much. Probably a handle length about waist high.

Garrett ACE 200 or 250, I just purchased the 250 for my wife.

Ace 250. I have two with different coils..hubby has an AT Max. Read the book, bench test and go. All she will ever need. I think they stopped making them. You will have to go to the 300. BIG decision is which coil. I have both but prefer the concentric for very specific reasons. Husband has DD so until she learns them start with the concentric. Way easier to target and recover fast.Garretts full headphones are great too. Garrett all the way for us. Run that 300 at 1 or 2 sensitivity on wet sand on in the saltwater. The factory setting of jewelry 3 sensitivity is really good for most everything. Read Garretts book is excellent. He was a genius.

x3: I have the Ace 250 and really enjoy it! I've found this detector is easy to learn and simple to use, yet has lots of excellent features.

Garrett's website is currently listing the Ace 250. I could be wrong, but I believe they resumed its production because it's such a popular model.

x3: I have the Ace 250 and really enjoy it! I've found this detector is easy to learn and simple to use, yet has lots of excellent features.

Garrett's website is currently listing the Ace 250. I could be wrong, but I believe they resumed its production because it's such a popular model.

Oh I hope so! I did not know that! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom