Filling holes and Time

KOB

Forum Supporter
The responses I got from the last post were amazing ! Running close to 50-50. Some, did not even read or understand what I was trying to get across. The intent was to just make others aware of leaving targets buried when you have a good idea of what that target is. THAT is being lazy.

I was just stating that I didn't want to hear from someone about me not filling my holes ( in the wet sand , uncrowded beach ) when in turn they wouldn't dig their possible dangerous trash. Just opening up others thought process that few have explored. Some actually got it.

With that being said , TIME is the enemy for most hunters on the beach. Especially when it's really good. They don't happen often. Many have never punched out a 5 or 6 gold ring day. Greed will take over. Taking an extra minute to fill a hole , multiplied by maybe 300 can add up to a few hours.

Unlike the "good old days" those are pretty much gone. You are never too young or old to learn something new or get into a better habit. To each his own...

Moving forward , I think I will start filling all my holes regardless of how many people are on the beach or how much time I have to hunt.

Thanks for all your responses... KOB

Some, did not even read or understand what I was trying to get across.....leaving targets buried when you have a good idea of what that target is. THAT is being lazy.

I think people understood the comparison you were trying to make; they just aren't buying it. The comparison between leaving un-dug trash targets in the ground and leaving holes unfilled isn't as on the mark as you seem to think it is. Also, the replies were nowhere near 50-50.

A person who passes up what they think is trash is not making a situation worse. A person who leaves an unfilled hole is making a situation worse. No comparison.

The person skipping a trash target will use that time to dig a more promising signal, which will usually be trash and will be removed.

The person not filling holes uses that time to...wait for it....dig even more unfilled holes.

So the point wasn't about filling holes? But I thought you titled it "Fill your beach holes ? I don't" Then you said "TIME is the enemy for most hunters on the beach." after complaining about discriminating detectors not wasting time with junk targets. Now I get it.:?:

Yes you got it ! Time was THE only reason why I didn't fill my holes. Based on volume during a hot hunt. It wasn't to purposely piss people off.

Yes you got it ! Time was THE only reason why I didn't fill my holes. Based on volume during a hot hunt. It wasn't to purposely piss people off.

Something tells me you often piss off people in your life not on purpose....

Again, spend your time in jail or filling in holes? :?: Hmmm

Attachments

• fines.jpg
    fines.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 582
Yeah... Especially clowns like you who never look in the mirror. Lol....

I'm also guessing subtle hints are lost on you as well, blinded by your own narcissism that drives this weird logic of yours

Cmon man , get over it ! You just didn't get my post at all. I guess it is "weird" since the logic is outside the box. But then others who understood it , thought that it was "genuis" ! So sorry for you.. let's move on and get some treasures !!!

Cmon man , get over it ! You just didn't get my post at all. I guess it is "weird" since the logic is outside the box. But then others who understood it , thought that it was "genuis" ! So sorry for you.. let's move on and get some treasures !!!

Dang, I couldn't have proven my inclinations any better myself. Lol not one single person thought you were a genius. That's the narcissism poking out again preventing you from seeing that the only posts even close to being positive were; jokes made at your expense, or someone saying they didn't care either way what others did. Just beautiful!

But then others who understood it , thought that it was "genuis" QUOTE]

OK now THIS post was funny !!

I had to go back and look.. Not sure who thought this was Genius
The way I saw it NO ONE agreed with you with the exception of Mud-Puppy and I can pretty much tell that you don't get Mud's humor at all.. but hey..

good luck buddy !

KOB, Are you that worried about some one detecting ahead of you to save time leave the hole open,full speed ahead? you operate by your rules ,not the hobbies suggested as stated in all instruction books that come with the new detector!! Greed is it? I.M.O. HH an Break a leg

The responses I got from the last post were amazing ! Running close to 50-50. Some, did not even read or understand what I was trying to get across. The intent was to just make others aware of leaving targets buried when you have a good idea of what that target is. THAT is being lazy.

I was just stating that I didn't want to hear from someone about me not filling my holes ( in the wet sand , uncrowded beach ) when in turn they wouldn't dig their possible dangerous trash. Just opening up others thought process that few have explored. Some actually got it.

With that being said , TIME is the enemy for most hunters on the beach. Especially when it's really good. They don't happen often. Many have never punched out a 5 or 6 gold ring day. Greed will take over. Taking an extra minute to fill a hole , multiplied by maybe 300 can add up to a few hours.

Unlike the "good old days" those are pretty much gone. You are never too young or old to learn something new or get into a better habit. To each his own...

Moving forward , I think I will start filling all my holes regardless of how many people are on the beach or how much time I have to hunt.

Thanks for all your responses... KOB

We don't need two threads on this topic...

No, it's not! It's discriminating. it's NOT our job to clean up trash. If we dig it, we SHOULD clean it up, but just because our coil goes over it, it's not our responsibility to pull it out, if we KNOW it's garbage.

If you see garbage across the beach 30 yards away, just because you know it's there, you probably don't go get it either... or at least not all the time!

Metal Detectorists are TREASURE hunters. If I could figure out how to ONLY dig treasure, I'd be all over it.

Skippy

User CP > Edit Ignore List > Add a Member to your List > KOB > Okay

I really cant agree more :mad: This guys starts a thread just to piss people off :mad: and when the thread doesn't go his was he starts another saying the same stuff :mad: this guy is 100% trouble and if i see him on the beach i will not only ask him to leave but i will also make any local authorities aware of his antics
YOUR NOT WELCOME HERE :cool3:

Soooo you start another thread....... to explain your first disaster. You are old like me dude.... and new to the beach forum. Dont make waves.....:laughing: take your lumps and post some pictures of something to get ya out of the dog house.:lol:

Lumps ? Nah... this ain't nothing. The the majority don't get.. but that's ok...Feeble minded and mentally challenged are a way of life for so many. Photos ? Maybe I will post some epic pawn shop finds like a few on this site do ! Lol...

Lumps ? Nah... this ain't nothing. The the majority don't get.. but that's ok...Feeble minded and mentally challenged are a way of life for so many. Photos ? Maybe I will post some epic pawn shop finds like a few on this site do ! Lol...

Hahahahaha. I'm speechless. Thanks for the laugh. :laughing:

What?!?! :wow::shock: I think you crossed a line with the above post KOB.

Most members here are “real” detectorists and would never fake their posts!!

Stick around and get to know the members here, you might like them! :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom