Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 08-25-2018, 04:20 AM
Supporter

Nice haul!

Historically, silver prices are tanking again so collections get dumped. Nowís the time to be hunting, as sentiment is so low. My LCS isnít even interested in 40% silver...reminds me of the mid-1980ís to the mid 2000 years. Somethingís bound to happen again to drive prices up, hopefully.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Supporter

That's just unreal with the roll of walkers!

Old 08-25-2018, 08:03 AM
Supporter

It takes most guys years to amass a stack of halfs like that, and you got it all at face!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:21 AM

!!!? Amazing.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Elite Member

Congrats and wow! I can imagine your excitement because I once had a very interesting box with quite a few silvers, but nothin compared with that ! Again, congrats!

Old 08-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by KingTotsalot View post
Poor old Gramps croaked more than likely and he was a hoarder...just never got around to telling his next of kin what it might be worth...so off they ran to the bank and cashed it in for all paper money!

Around KT's realm that would have to cycle through Loomis first because the local banks do not take rolled coins, make the holder go rip the rolls and dump then in the coin counter machine...KT will never have a chance to make that kind of hit, unless he has a very understanding teller who takes the stuff in with KT in mind! One never knows, has happened once...KT bought from a teller $48 in halves and recovered 18 40%ers in the lot.

Needler, Royal congrats on another great take! Best of luck in the near future! Sure glad you are down in Florida and KT is in Arkansas!
KT! Ask the head teller about buying the bag off the counting machine. Iíve done that in the past, under the bankís condition that I not come back complaining of shortages. In fact, the bags have always been over (quarters, dimes, foreigns etc...).

Old 08-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Elite Member

I bought my first box of halves yesterday. I was skunked.

IH: 9, Buffalo/V/Shield: 10, Gold: 3

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Congratulations! That's an amazing hunt!

Romans 10:9 & 10
Oldest coin: 1946 Wheat Penny ~ 2019 totals: $5.78
Ace 250 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior
GP-Pointer ~ Cen-Tech Pinpointer

Old 08-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Supporter

Wow, amazing find. Someone did not know the value of what they were in possession of.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:02 PM
six feet under(water)

Needler, I remember you. lol. I didn't know you were still on here. Have you been posting this whole time?

Old 08-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by BufordCityDawg View post
Somebody's in trouble for turning in Grandpa's coin collection.
BCD
Most people just don't care. Even people who are old enough to have had nothing but silver for their change don't care.

I have talked to people that work in places where they handle just tons of coins about silvers and they act like I'm weird.

The bankers and the media have done an alarmingly good job at brainwashing people as to what is valuable and what is junk. It took them 2 generations to erase Gold and Silver from people's minds and replace it with fiat currency and debt.
. Sad.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:46 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by scoundrel View post
Needler, I remember you. lol. I didn't know you were still on here. Have you been posting this whole time?
Not the whole time. Been lurking for the last year. I repurchased a newer model compadre and Bounty hunter tracker IV.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Irons View post
It took them 2 generations to erase Gold and Silver from people's minds and replace it with fiat currency and debt.
. Sad.
Yeah! Well it worked! Case in point....

The Local Undertaker had a special request recently...An old Hoarder Coin Collector guy died and left behind 10,000 silver dollars, Morgans from the 1800's Peace dollars, and the like...in his will he stated he wanted to be buried with his Silver coins, since his Family never appreciated his hobby and didnt know the value of a dollar, PM's, History of fiat money, working hard or saving...

The Undertaker told the family that that is just too much weight to put in the coffin, the bottom would fall out! So instead of putting in the coins, the Undertaker will write a personal check for $10,000 to the dead guy, and put that inside the coffin and keep the coins himself for the trade!!

Well, the Family said, "A $10,000 check huh? Gpaw told us his coins are worth at least 10X face value!"...The Undertaker hemmed and hawed, finally said, ..."Thats a lot of money! I can do it though! But I'll have to write a $50,000 check, and toss in my Visa card!"...
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Yeah! Well it worked! Case in point....

The Local Undertaker had a special request recently...An old Hoarder Coin Collector guy died and left behind 10,000 silver dollars, Morgans from the 1800's Peace dollars, and the like...in his will he stated he wanted to be buried with his Silver coins, since his Family never appreciated his hobby and didnt know the value of a dollar, PM's, History of fiat money, working hard or saving...

The Undertaker told the family that that is just too much weight to put in the coffin, the bottom would fall out! So instead of putting in the coins, the Undertaker will write a personal check for $10,000 to the dead guy, and put that inside the coffin and keep the coins himself for the trade!!

Well, the Family said, "A $10,000 check huh? Gpaw told us his coins are worth at least 10X face value!"...The Undertaker hemmed and hawed, finally said, ..."Thats a lot of money! I can do it though! But I'll have to write a $50,000 check, and toss in my Visa card!"...
My God I wish that was real and the family stupid enough.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:41 PM
Elite Member

Sheesh! I gotta get a bank account just to get halves!

Old 09-26-2018, 06:16 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
Sheesh! I gotta get a bank account just to get halves!
Not necessarily, look hard enough and itís possible to find a bank to order when youíre a no-account . Seriously, Iíve done it.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Irons View post
Most people just don't care. Even people who are old enough to have had nothing but silver for their change don't care.

I have talked to people that work in places where they handle just tons of coins about silvers and they act like I'm weird.

The bankers and the media have done an alarmingly good job at brainwashing people as to what is valuable and what is junk. It took them 2 generations to erase Gold and Silver from people's minds and replace it with fiat currency and debt.
. Sad.
Yep