Fisher f5

I'd look into a GARRETT AT PRO. Even though it is a little bit higher than the price you posted. The AT PRO is great in fresh water and beaches. It's "the best bang for your buck".

I had a Fisher F5 and liked it except for the sensitivity to EMI that most Fishers seem to have. I think $350 is a reasonable price especially if it has any extras.

Thats a super price. Only thing I'd say is the F5 isn't really a beginner machine. The controls are the old 'classic style' and most users have a love/hate relationship with the F5.

Marcus is right. All my machines are Fishers. Great price but the AT pro is best bang for the buck in that price range.

Well now he dropped it down to $300... It comes with the original box and is practically brand new. I enjoyed my Ace 250 but ready to upgrade. The controls do look like it would take some time to get used to but I think it'll be worth it to figure them out now for when I get something better later on.

Well now he dropped it down to $300... It comes with the original box and is practically brand new. I enjoyed my Ace 250 but ready to upgrade. The controls do look like it would take some time to get used to but I think it'll be worth it to figure them out now for when I get something better later on.

if u have mastered the 250 then I would go with the At Pro. Its 2 steps up from the 250 and is pretty awesome machine. just got mine about a week ago. Its also waterproof main reason I got it. noticed u live in cali and waterproof maybe what ya need. I know where u can get the best price. hes a sponser on here name is Jeff at Quality metal detectors. tell him Clayton sent ya. No one will beat his price I know for a fact. Also heard great things about the F5 and u have found a GREAT price on a used one BUT its not waterproof... cant go wrong with either machine F5 or At pro. HH

P.S Theres people that finds gold coins down there least 1 time a year GL.

Thanks for the info! I think I found such a good deal with this I might just get it and if I don't like it I will sell it then get the ATP.

Bah, don’t listen to 'em. Just watch all the videos you can get your eyes on about the machine. It’s a great machine. While it might not be THE best idea to start with, the price is killer so you may as well go for it.

Check this one out first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qae9rU5i_9o

Awesome video! This just made me even more excited about my purchase! I'm going to pick it up at 6pm and can't wait to start swinging it around :D Thanks guys!

$350 new? If so that's a great price, still a good price used if it's in good shape.

I just noticed you hunt beaches also, in that case I'd check out some used Fisher CZ's, or Explorers. You can fins CZ7a Pro's and Explorer XS/2 in that price range most of the time. The only issue with them is they are older, however I've owned several older used CZ's and Explorers and never had any issues.

$300 is a bargain for an F5.

I use the F5 and I love it. I had an ATPro and I actually like the F5 better, but that is because I mostly do cellar holes, parks and fields.

It is a great land machine and great in the dry and wet sand, but you don't want to use it in the water just in case you drop it.

It is not a beginner machine though so as long as you understand how gain and threshold works, read the manual 4-5 times and watch as many videos as you can find. Then watch Bill's video 5 or so more times and you will be fine.

The atpro isn't really a good salt water machine either, but it is water proof so if you go in the water and get hit by a wave you won't kill your machine.

If you get the F5 and don't like it you can just sell it for $350-400 or use it as a trade in.

just wanted to remind you , fishers warranties are not transferable, happy hunting Earl

Personally I don't see that as an issue... I've never heard of a defective F5.

Defective ATPro.... That's a regular thing, but Garrett customer service is top notch.

Awesome video! This just made me even more excited about my purchase! I'm going to pick it up at 6pm and can't wait to start swinging it around :D Thanks guys!

Cool! Did ya end up picking it up? Call me jealous, because I’ve wanted one forever. Just need to get a few extra dollars.

I’ve read several times folks digging dimes at nine inches, so it’s no slouch. As another user stated, though, don’t get frustrated with it right away because there are a lot of settings to play with. Watch those YouTube videos and go slow. :)

At pro

Edited to update: I hadn't read all the posts when I posted below and after doing so, I see you decided to go with the F5, I watched Bill's video and that's a really nice machine with some excellent features that will be great to have! I'm sure you will pick it up in no time! Have fun!

≈===============================================

I have my AT Pro that I bought new as my first detector in May of 2013, used 6 months then upgraded to the CTX 3030. Haven't used my ATP since November when I bought my ctx. Haven't posted it for sale yet but planning on it.

I'd sell it for $450 including the waterproof headphones, everything that came with it and box. But apparently (I say because I don't know the price that TN INDIAN got his for from Jeff) you might get a better deal from the sponser that TN INDIAN mentioned because he apparently got a great deal.

Might be worth checking into the guy TN INDIAN mentioned because if you can get a new AT Pro for less than I thought mine was worth then that would be an excellent deal and one I would look into were I in your shoes Cali Girl! Its a great machine!

Whatever you do GL and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom