Hand grip protectors.

DarkPrognosis

It's a good price for one, but wow! I didn't catch this the first time the ad was posted:

This listing is for:
2 Custom Sized hand grip covers

:wow:

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. It looks to me like the ones pictured could turn and slip, not giving a positive feel on the detector. I recently covered the foam grip on my Tek Delta because it was beginning to split. I used a wrap made for tennis rackets. It had a good feel and is solid.
grip.JPG

I said it before and I'll say it again,Bicycle Inner tube cut to your desired length and slipped over the foam grip works great.

I just use the 20" Universal Tube from Bell,you can get it at Walmart and you'll have plenty left over for other machines,as far a sealing the ends,I guess you could use some sort of tape,I don't seal them and it has worked great for keeping it clean and mud free at the grip.I use this trick on my recurve bows alot on the riser grips for better grip and protection from dings and such.

I sent the seller a few questions. I'll let you know the answers before I order mine. One for my F2, and one for my dad's ATP. Woohoo!

Wow, that was fast response! Here is what I asked:

I just wanted to confirm a few things, prior to purchasing. I'm assuming that one of the measurements you will need is length of the grip. Is the other measure preferred to be diameter of the grip or a circumference measure (I'm assuming the latter for ease of manufacture)?

Lastly, I'm assuming I select qty 1, but I will provide two sets of measurements (one for each of my detectors) and I will receive two custom grips. Is that correct?

And the response:

Yes, you need the height of the grip and the circumference. And yes they can be 2 different sizes and or colors. Please get custom orders in before noon on Saturday so we have time to make them. Our normal hours are Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Placing my order as soon as I take my measurements!

Several will take the cheap foam grip off and replace them withe thicker, better and more comfortable bicycle handlebar grips that don't really cost much and you usually have 2 in the package.

By the way, I think that the bicycle grip is a great idea, and I'm thinking that soft plastic grips would be ideal because the guard, placed upward, would help those with nerve damage, or just a weak grip, more easily swing their machines, and swing them longer! That said, I really like the idea of being able to remove and wash the cover when it gets dirty; particularly since one of my machines is a loaner from my dad! :yes:

Wow, that was fast response! Here is what I asked:

I just wanted to confirm a few things, prior to purchasing. I'm assuming that one of the measurements you will need is length of the grip. Is the other measure preferred to be diameter of the grip or a circumference measure (I'm assuming the latter for ease of manufacture)?

Lastly, I'm assuming I select qty 1, but I will provide two sets of measurements (one for each of my detectors) and I will receive two custom grips. Is that correct?

And the response:

Yes, you need the height of the grip and the circumference. And yes they can be 2 different sizes and or colors. Please get custom orders in before noon on Saturday so we have time to make them. Our normal hours are Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Placing my order as soon as I take my measurements!
You can't beat handmade, and American made, stuff. When you get yours let us know how you like them and give a review. :)

Well, they arrived with today's mail. I haven't put my dad's on his ATP, yet, but I did put mine on my F2. Fits like a glove! Made to my exact measurements! HOLY COW, THAT WAS FAST!!!

Now, what remains to be seen is whether my measurements, to the edge if the grip top and bottom, are good enough. I'm almost thinking that a little overlap might be better.

For the record, I went with 5" circumference on both detectors (good fit around the grip) with 4.5" height for the F2 and 5" height on the ATP.

Treasure_place makes the best rain/dust covers you can have for your detectors....period! I've ordered at least 8 different ones in the past.

All of this for about $15-$20 on most of them. That's well below the cheaper quality manufacturer offerings!

I can't sing the praises of this guy's work enough. Do yourself a favor and try one!

Treasure_place makes the best rain/dust covers you can have for your detectors....period! I've ordered at least 8 different ones in the past.

All of this for about $15-$20 on most of them. That's well below the cheaper quality manufacturer offerings!

I can't sing the praises of this guy's work enough. Do yourself a favor and try one!

He lumps the F2/F4/F5 as using the same type yet the F5 has knobs so needs holes for them to go through.

Back
Top Bottom