Just ordered a....

sunnyslife

I just ordered a BH Discovery 3300 and a set of BH metal Detector headphones. I have been reading around the boards and researching "starter" detectors and this is the one that seems to fit my budget and needs, (at least according to what I've read).

This is my first go at the metal detecting life so I would be very interested in opinions and tips from those with experience with this model.

We have done actual gold prospecting for the last seven years and love it, but I am ready to expand my hobbies to include a new challenge. My goal is to eventually hit the deserts out west for nuggets but for now I am stuck in NE Ohio so I will no doubt be searching for ideas of places to try.

Anyway, thank you for any tips you have.

~~~Barbara :digginahole:

I had hoped that, (being a newbie), someone - anyone - would have experience with this machine to be able to give me some tips to help me learn how to use it - I have no clue what I am doing? :confused:

Barbara,

You might have to wait till folks are home from work. Old buzzards like me who don't work are out detecting. Someone will chime in before the sun sets in Ohio. As in your choice of detecter, Bounty Hunter has been at it a long time. They make a lot of entry level machines and stand by them. I'm not sure if they still back them up for 5 years. I had one some twenty years ago and it was a good one. Its a good out of the box detecter for a beginner. It may not be what you want for nugget hunting. You would need a much higher frequency machine to find raw gold. Just hang tight till someone who uses your machine comes on. BTW, welcome to "friendly"....Gil

You might have to wait till folks are home from work. Old buzzards like me who don't work are out detecting. Someone will chime in before the sun sets in Ohio. As in your choice of detecter, Bounty Hunter has been at it a long time. They make a lot of entry level machines and stand by them. I'm not sure if they still back them up for 5 years. I had one some twenty years ago and it was a good one. Its a good out of the box detecter for a beginner. It may not be what you want for nugget hunting. You would need a much higher frequency machine to find raw gold. Just hang tight till someone who uses your machine comes on. BTW, welcome to "friendly"....Gil

Thank you. I was wondering about raw nuggets...hopefully, by the time we move from Ohio, we will have enough MD experience and the finances to "step up" to one we can use for that as well.

I had hoped that, (being a newbie), someone - anyone - would have experience with this machine to be able to give me some tips to help me learn how to use it - I have no clue what I am doing? :confused:

It really does help getting some hands on. I have no experience with the machine but I've found metal detecting clubs very helpful. Wish you lots of luck with your detector!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom