Smaller coil

Swingit

Hi guys, I'm kind of new to the hobby, I have been metal detecting off and on for about 4 years. I have a Whites IDX, Whites Sliver Eagle, and Tesoro DeLeon. I have been thinking about a smaller coil for the IDX "the Blue Max Shooter DD" What kind of advantages do they have over the other small coils? Thanks Swingit

Generally considered a nugget hunting coil it has the advantage of better sensativity to smaller targets and works very well in trashy areas. Disadvantage is it loses depth over the others. :yes:

I had a 4" coil for my DeLeon. It worked great under metal bleachers and places where a house was torn down. But I got it mainly for under the bleachers. Check out your local High School football bleachers the morning after a foorball game. You'd be surprised what falls out of peoples pockets.

I have the Shooter for my MXT and adore it. It is my primary coil since I usually am hunting nail infested areas, and working around obstructions like brush, foundation stones etc. I can run the gain wide open in a lot of places which negates some of the loss of depth caused by going smaller.

Back
Top Bottom