Alternative digging tool

bearbqd

Elite Member
Hey everyone. I thought I had posted this suggestion before, but I couldn't find it. One tool that I have found to be extremely useful when digging gently around a target, once my pinpointer has indicated that I'm near it, is a two ended automotive rear brake adjuster tool. The particular one that I use is steel (I found mine in an old barn in great shape). The two ends are angled so it's much easier to use in a tightly dug hole than a screwdriver or other implement. You can purchase them at any automotive parts store. I spray painted mine neon orange because I kept loosing it right in front of me and often forgot to pick it back up after I was done digging. It's much easier to see in foliage and dirt if I forget it and have to go back to my previous hole to look for it. I wouldn't go detecting without it now.

Thanks Bear. I've been wanting to make something like that for a while, but didn't think about the ready to use ones. :!:

Good idea...that tool is'nt worth a crap at it's designed job so you might as well use it for something else anyway.
Probably pick one up cheap these days,as most cars dont even use drum brakes any more.

Back
Top Bottom