Custom Sand Scoops

Just wondering how, or what was used to cut out the titanium scoop heads
We had all water jetted, and like Stavr had said they charge you from the time they pick up the metal put it on the table to the time they pull it off the table, I can't remember the cost but the final total for two 90% titanium scoops from start to finish, metal and all was about 350.oo, (less the handle) the only part that was not was the main tube mount which is SS and the bolts....

I just broke my Aluminum Diablo at the tube mount, after about 3 years of part time hunting...the tube mount was Aluminum. Now I am using one of the titanium's ..

We bought some thinner titanium, I think it was .063? But we never got around to having them done. It would have weigh in less then the one's I have now by a few ounces....

I will

Stick to stainless, and aluminum with ss lip, as new scoops get invented, there is always money to buy a new one, but when scoop prices ( Titanium ) cost as much as machines, you draw the line, there 4 , no market for titanium, however, the CT Mders should give it a try, for those rocky condition's, stainless, and aluminum with ss lip, works well in Maryland & Florida , Earl

Stick to stainless, and aluminum with ss lip, as new scoops get invented, there is always money to buy a new one, but when scoop prices ( Titanium ) cost as much as machines, you draw the line, there 4 , no market for titanium, however, the CT Mders should give it a try, for those rocky condition's, stainless, and aluminum with ss lip, works well in Maryland & Florida , Earl

Due to the price of the metal, it isn't feasible to produce sand scoops on a large scale from titanium.
I don't make anything for sale, so it's just for my own use and titanium has always been a favorite to work... but it has a way of making me say four-letter words!:lol:

I not only metal detect, I also dig for gems and minerals, prospect for gold, and plan to dig ginseng this year.. if I'm lucky enough to get drawn for a permit. Most of my digging tools are made from titanium.

Do you nugget hunt, pan, run a S box, or dredge for gold down their :?:

I mostly pan, I don't have a dredge. I have a couple of S boxes which aren't used much because most of my prospecting is in the National Forest.

How about a gold pan you may have never seen...

ti-pan1.jpg

ti-pan7.jpg

ti-pan5.jpg

It's made of titanium for light weight to carry to remote areas.. it folds up and carried in a pack. It will pan much faster than a regular gold pan and only needs a minimum amount of water... it was also a test bed for a different type sluice.

I mostly pan, I don't have a dredge. I have a couple of S boxes which aren't used much because most of my prospecting is in the National Forest.

How about a gold pan you may have never seen...

ti-pan1.jpg

ti-pan7.jpg

ti-pan5.jpg

It's made of titanium for light weight to carry to remote areas.. it folds up and carried in a pack. It will pan much faster than a regular gold pan and only needs a minimum amount of water... it was also a test bed for a different type sluice.

Yup, quality workmanship # 9 , but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
It sounds like you are an adventurer all the way. I hope you find/make a nice score, you certainty have the right tools for it. :workforgold:

I love beach detecting, just wish it wasn't that far away. I'm land locked here in Tennessee and only get to the beach once or twice a year.

I've got the tool "that guy in CT" needs to dig his rocky beach and I'll guarantee
it wouldn't break!

But, I don't think he would be caught dead with a shovel!?:laughing:

The shovel is full size, the head is removed and carried in a pack. Placing the protective cap on the end, it becomes a walking stick. Made from both Grade 5&9 titanium.

shovel1.jpg

shovel2.jpg

tools.jpg

Best at ya!

IMG_1915.jpg

I use a shovel at work... I'm not using one during play time :lol:

Wayne... you have posted more in this thread then you have in the past 3 years ;)

Ahh, a Van Norman crankshaft grinder! Very nice machine and great picture. Where was this?

One of the performance engine shops he used to work at. The old timer street racers would still know who he was around these parts.

I use a shovel at work... I'm not using one during play time :lol:

Wayne... you have posted more in this thread then you have in the past 3
years ;)

I'm sorry.. but I get so lonesome just sitting on this hill, while everyone else is hunting on the beach *snif*.

Some times I think I'm just going crazy(er)...

bc52.jpg

Humm? Guess what that pick/mattock in my right hand and the machete in my left hand is made of?:laughing:

I love beach detecting, just wish it wasn't that far away. I'm land locked here in Tennessee and only get to the beach once or twice a year.

I've got the tool "that guy in CT" needs to dig his rocky beach and I'll guarantee
it wouldn't break!

But, I don't think he would be caught dead with a shovel!?:laughing:

The shovel is full size, the head is removed and carried in a pack. Placing the protective cap on the end, it becomes a walking stick. Made from both Grade 5&9 titanium.

shovel2.jpg
Wow, that is the prettiest shovel I have ever seen! Bonus points for the multipurpose handle! Holy cow, that's an awesome setup! :goodjob:

Soooo... Number 9... I'll take 2 shovels, a pick, and 1 scoop please :)

I would be doing the fabricating and welding. I just offered it I any of you had a design that fits your needs and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And could find it out there. As far as gauge/thicknesses etc, I'd be able to handle that. I will come up with some designs that are bit out there and could be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom