Hand grip protectors.

I wrote to treasure_place asking if he knew the size for the F5 before I bought mine and if not if all I do is measure the length and the diameter of the foam handle then he replied.
I do not have sizing for the F5. Yes all you do is measure the height of the grip foam and the diameter at the thickest point. Wrap a loose string around it or use a cloth measuring tape. We do have a cover for the F5 as well, it can be found at the link below.

,,,,,,,John

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121096934207&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

- treasure_place
I replied that the only problem I see with his rain cover for the F5 is that it needs small holes for the knob's shafts to go through (his picture is of the F2 so not sure if his comes with holes or not) and I await his response.

I've bought covers for various Tesoro units from him. None of them had holes for the knobs. There was plenty of space to get to them, even with the cover on.

I still have one of the Fisher F2 covers in black that I got from him. It had plenty of room in order to get under the face to the controls. I think he does that for the "weather-proofing" aspect of his covers.

He uses military grade Cordura nylon and not cotton fabric. There is a second layer of plastic under the nylon for any moisture not to get through.

Unlike many others, he stands behind his work no matter what! :yes:

He wrote back to me:
the cover is designed loose to put your fingers under the plastic to make adjustments. Our Tesoro covers are the same way.

- treasure_place

Not sure I like that considering this Neoprene one (from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies) has the holes and is 2 dollars less
sf5x.jpg

Not saying his covers aren't great just I prefer for my knobs to go through instead of under (no chance of the cover coming off and no feeling of restriction on my hand either). If I had a a detector with no knobs I would buy his cover but I sometimes use my other hand to rotate the knobs on my current machine and his cover prevents that all together.

Everyone has their own preferences, for sure. I'm in the woods and amongst the brush a lot, so Cordura covers are what I'm looking for. Neoprene would snag on everything.

I can see why you'd probably want holes, the way those knobs are placed.

Everyone has their own preferences, for sure. I'm in the woods and amongst the brush a lot, so Cordura covers are what I'm looking for. Neoprene would snag on everything.

I can see why you'd probably want holes, the way those knobs are placed.

Yep, and I don't do deep woods stuff but I can see why you would go with the cloth one going out there. The Neoprene is good in parks, and to protect against ocean spray.

Back
Top Bottom