• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Need some help with usb scope!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Need assistance with the Celestron usb digital microscope!

Got it today, got the software installed...easy to take a pic but how to I get it out of the album and onto my desktop so I can post it in the forum?????

I try copying it and it says it copied but will not paste it in a Word.docx or whatever!

Assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

I right click and save picture on my desktop, from there I can move it any place I want including uploading to this site.

Go to manage attachments, browse for it and then upload it. That's it!

Unclear to me what you mean! I want to place the image into a file folder on my desktop and then upload it to this thread.

Task Manager is contained within this forum and when I click on it and then try to find my pic it is contained within the Celestron album...when I click on that to open it..it wants to download the .exe file! I don't want that...tell me the exact steps where everything is please...Simple don't cut it!

Reread my first post...I cannot get the pic out of the darned album to name it! I want to put it on my desktop first!

Thanks Goldminer, I will try that!

OK here's how I did it...I right clicked on the image, hit find target...then dragged it from the album to the desktop! It worked...now I can edit it and post it...it is below!

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 184
Never used the product:

save as: change the location to the desk top
save to C: then open my computer, find the file and drag and drop the file onto your desk top

just a couple hail mary guesses.

its the cheapy Celestron from Amazon.com for $38 and free shipping! Heck it arrived 2 days before they said it would! HA HA

Just a test coin from my pocket change...not bad for the 3rd pic! Very simple to focus...had to set it up on a block to get it to where the entire coin would be in the field of view...takes standard rectangular image, but since coins are usually round, I cropped it to a square photo and then resized it 50 percent to get it to load here.

Tomorrow I will be playing a lot with this new toy, taking photos of some additional coins, some minerals, rocks, fossils, and sand samples...just for the heck of it! Also got a few shell casings to post the heads on for Turtlefoot...sorry dont have any old shotgun heads or would post one of them too!

My Celestron USB Scope stopped working today. It was working great for a few days, now Windows doesn't want to recognize the device. I tried re-installing the software, that didn't help. I also contacted tech support now I'm waiting to hear back from them. Anyone have any ideas?

I can't shoot any pictures until I get this problem resolved. Drat! Might have to get it replaced.

My Celestron USB Scope stopped working today. It was working great for a few days, now Windows doesn't want to recognize the device. I tried re-installing the software, that didn't help. I also contacted tech support now I'm waiting to hear back from them. Anyone have any ideas?

I can't shoot any pictures until I get this problem resolved. Drat! Might have to get it replaced.

Try installing the software on another puter and follow the set up instructions exactly from the manual...plug in the scope first without the CD..it will download the hardware driver. My Windows 7 machine wanted to look for a more updated driver so I let it and it did find one and downloaded it too. Then unplug the scope and pop in the CD...follow instructions to download the software. The software installed a scope icon.

Now I just plug in the scope, click on the icon and it fires right up...been using it most of the day today. Took a load of pics and will post them in a separate thread in the General Hobby Discussion.

Back
Top Bottom