Fort Meyers beach Florida

groundhog53946

Elite Member
Earlier this year my family and I went to Venice Florida for a week. While we were there we visited my wife's aunt and uncle who had recently retired to fort Meyers beach. They have a house about a ½ block from the beach on the island. I was wondering why I never saw anybody metal detecting the beach at all. Is it not allowed during the day. We were there in March during spring break season. They have offered us the use of the house anytime the take a trip so it sounds like a good reason to take a road trip

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

You werent looking very hard. Its a tricky beach with lots of bottle caps and can slaw...... river mud/sand bottom, so bring a good scoop. I make a trip down there every now and then. Its one of those beaches that if there are waves..... they get um.

Dew

Grew up on that beach. Can't MD during the day? Are you sure? Just doesn't seem right. It never was a "high end" kind of island.

You werent looking very hard. Its a tricky beach with lots of bottle caps and can slaw...... river mud/sand bottom, so bring a good scoop. I make a trip down there every now and then. Its one of those beaches that if there are waves..... they get um.

Dew
The day we were there it was very calm so maybe that was it. Thanks dew

Grew up on that beach. Can't MD during the day? Are you sure? Just doesn't seem right. It never was a "high end" kind of island.
That was just speculation on my part. As far as not being high end, it's alot more high end than the beach at the campground that I spend my summers at. But for the amount of people at the beach the day we were there and as nice as it was, there wasn't hardly anyone in the water. Most of them just laying on the beach chairs

Its a good beach to hunt with the low tide where you can get out there a good ways. If there is a beach especially a popular beach ....... its being hunted. Thats a LONGGGGG beach and a lot of area to cover so im sure the hunters pick a spot...... then change the next time out. To answer your question........ yes you can hunt it.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom