Gold ring 105 for 2016

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Was going to set today out with all the work I have to do on the kits but I seen the tides falling this Am so off I went. Got in about 3 hours of super lowtide hunting. Could have stayed longer but when it's windy and the water is ruff n cold..(wt49) (23mph) And I just found gold, I'm Happy and ready to get the heck out of there. Ring is 10k, not marked but engraved from one end to the other but worn badly. I can make out a first name, then some more then 897 so I am guessing it's 1897. Nice surprise.. when you can put a name n date to the ring found. The cross is rolled gold 1/20 12k, then 4 silvers to make 2016 silver count 321. I doubt I will have another year like the last two on silvers , both over 300..

Attachments

• OBN0004 (5).jpg
    OBN0004 (5).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,084
  • OBN0004 (4).jpg
    OBN0004 (4).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • OBN0006 (2).jpg
    OBN0006 (2).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,147
Pretty sweet! Finding a class or signat ring with a date pre WWII is on my bucket list, and pre 1900 is on my extra-super-special bucket list!:lol:

Could have stayed longer but when it's windy and the water is ruff n cold..(wt49) (23mph)

I will never know how you guys up north do that! BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

And that gold ring is AWESOMESAUCE!

Nice
I predict 110+ by years end;)
You just never know Aqua, I start getting lazy in dec with the holidays.

Looks like your gonna have another Great year end gold count, still time left , happy hunting, Earl
Thanks Earl, Very Happy with this year and looking forwards to 2017

Simply amazing
Thanks Mike!!

WTG! Joe that is some old gold for shore!!
Thanks Digger, I love this stuff. But do miss those gold chains of fresh drop hunters

I will never know how you guys up north do that! BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

And that gold ring is AWESOMESAUCE!
Thanks K! I'm vey well dressed and if feels like warm water.. my right hand did get a little chilly today but a few minutes of movement and it was ready for more. Water is still warm at 49..

Joe, one more gold and you have doubled what I found this summer. What a fantastic year for you with all the other detectorists in your area.

I am sure you had better years when you first started but this must be a killer year with the competition going strong.

Great find. Love the old signets

Joe, one more gold and you have doubled what I found this summer. What a fantastic year for you with all the other detectorists in your area.

I am sure you had better years when you first started but this must be a killer year with the competition going strong.

Great find. Love the old signets
Thanks Scuba, Last year was my best 123 and I've only been retired since 2014 so not a lot of gold during the years I worked, think I averaged about 25 a year, started in 2008 water hunting but my hunting has really changed and I've learned so much over the last few years. And Yes lots of competition this year, many copycats too. The good is many here hunt in discriminate and I have a advantage with my machine since it is not stock.... Here things are constantly moving and you have to be there when it happens.. Being retired helps a lot. I can stay on top of the changes since I have the time to scout a lot. A spot will be open for a few weeks then it will be gone .. the ski has really helped there... Be Safe and watching for that year end scuba post..cool stuff ..joe

When Darth Vader see's all your gold:lol:

Attachments

• Darth-Vader-Asthma-Inhaler1.jpg
    Darth-Vader-Asthma-Inhaler1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 797
Another great hunt Joe... I knew you would get close to last years total... you are a tenacious hunter ;) You work those spots until they are silent ;)

Congrats On a great year.! Keep it up! Just wondering what you were wearing for gear to keep warm in the water? Might pick up simple yet expensive waders and dress VERY warm underneath and I suppose that should be fine in the northeast winter? I will only go in waste deep at best. HH!

Back
Top Bottom