• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

used Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

anicemonkey

I am curious about what is a fair price for a used Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. My buddy at work is wants to sell it and is going to get back to me tonight with a price. He paid $300 for it a few years back. Any opinions would be great. It seems to be in very good condition. Thanks

That's the brand they were selling in Walmart isn't it? In my opinion they are overpriced.

What do you plan on hunting with it?

Not only is it used, but it's a few years old... I'd offer maybe $150. They are $300 brand new.

I will hunt mostly playgrounds, parks, ect... Every now and then some dry sand at the beach. Is a new Ace 250 or a F2 a better buy? Which one of those is better? Thanks

I think you would be happier with the Ace250 or the F2. And they would be easier to re-sell if you decide to upgrade. Good luck with whatever you choose.:yes:

P.S.

I personally would go with the F2, because you can get them with two coils for the same price.

Alittle More Research

ANiceMonkey
I have a Bouny Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Bounty Hunter 505, I am happy with my machine. I paid $250 about 2 years ago, purchased from amazon.com. If I had it to do over again I probably would have bought a Garrett Ace 250 or spent alittle more for a dectector that was alittle more versatile than the BH. The Ace 250, I believe is going for $212 on amazon.com presently. I don't like buying used. I am not sure how much your friend is asking for his machine? If the machine is in good shape and is below the $300 mark then it may be worth buying. IMHO you may want to do alittle research before buying a used detector. You may be able to find a mid range detector that approaches the price of the used detector that you are considering buying.
Basset

Back
Top Bottom