• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Diamond.Diamond.Diamond.Diamond.Diamond

Casper

Arrived South Beach on Monday night - luggage was lost - finally got it at about 2pm Tues.- Hunted from about 230pm till about 6pm with not alot to show - was getting ready to leve when a couple yelled to me and asked if I would mind looking for a ring they lost earlier in the day in about 4-5 feet of water - they were desparate - it was there last day down here and she had lost it at 10am that morning - they spent all day trying to feel for it in the sand and bought goggles and looked for hours - they asked a few guys for help- but they said the guys were reluctant and one guy sounded like he wanted money up front to search. I told them I'd do it free of charge. The only problem was the sun was going down fast.

They took to me to the area they thought she lost it. I worked for about an hour with no luck - I found a bunch of bottle caps and a handful of change, but no ring. It was getting dark and the sun was behind the buildings going down fast. I decided to go farther south of where they thought they were - everything I was hitting was down about a foot - I was getting no loud surface target readings. Finally I decided to head in and tell them to give me their info and I could try on Weds.

As I was heading toward them in about waist deep water I got the surface target sound I was looking to here and as I pulled the scoop to the surface I prayed I had it. I did - 18K white gold with 5 beautiful diamonds. She had only described it briefly - so as I headed out I yelled to her to describe it again for me - she did to a tee. I handed it over to her and she could not stop hugging me - then her hands said "heck, I have to hug you too." He offered me a reward and I declined - I was just glad I could come thru.

He insisted on buying diner and I told him I was good, but I wish I had my camera with me and he said his wife had hers in her pocketbook and would love to get a pic for me and email to me. He then insisted that he at the very least had to buy me a drink and would not take no for an answer - I finally gave in and met them that night at Finnegan's - a nice place- we talked for hours- they are both orignally from India and moved to Australia and were at the moment living in Seattle and would be soon going back to Australia and told me to keep in touch and if I ever wanted to go down under to look them up.

Hopefully they will send me pics so I can post - I did get a pic at restaurant with my camera of ring and will post when I get home this weekend. I got out this morning and found a 14K ring and a heavy 925 bracelet. Heading back out hopefully tommorrow at sunrise. Hope to find a diamond I can take home this time out. Oh -met a nice couple on Tuesday morning - If they read this - they know who they are - hope you get some gold soon. Take care.

well done Casper!

Glad you got your gear back!
Iread on another forum you had lost it
John from New Zealand here.
Still havent bought the whites PI - not many around! misssed one on ebay today by a few seconds!
Well - i hope you have a great trip!
keep the posts up!
John

Great story Casper and a great start to your vacation :) Its 25 here and not supposed to get above 29 tomorrow :o(

The Best

HEy Hey
Your The best Casper. Your the reason why this hobby is so great. I know what comes around goes around and Im sure the rest of your finds will be just great.
L.I. Mike

Great job Casper, congrats! And man, what a title for your post..who can resist opening a post titled "diamond diamond diamond diamond"!!

:lol:

Casper....Great story!
I'm very happy for you and the folks you helped out! Sure makes you feel good doesn't it? As Max-VaBeach-Va said....The surf gods will reward you. Congrats!

Nice work! It is things like this that gives our hobby a good name!

Bigfeet

Casper;
Great story, glad you were successful finding her ring. I too have located a ladies diamond ring after it popped off her lap as she got out of a car in her driveway. The ring went into the grass and was of course a snap to find. Her husband was desribing it to me while I was balancing my CoinMaster and not three minutes later I picked it up and asked "Is this it?" Not the drama you experienced there but still the satisfaction of retrieving and returning a precious lost possession.
Keep swinging and good luck.
Jim

Great story , Great results. I can relate. My wife lost 3 at one toss - engagement, wedding & eternity - tossing garden rubbish into a vacant grass lot next to our house. A well known detector came and found 2 of them. Like Casper he refused any kind of payment. My wife was so excited when he found them.
This act got me started in the hobby (obsession) with a lowly BH Quickdraw 2.
As Max said you will reap your rewards.
Congrats again.

Back
Top Bottom