First standing liberty quarter!

HistoryStudent

I finally found my first standing liberty quarter yesterday. It's very worn and I can't get a date on it but I was happy when it popped up.

I also found a 1918 King George V large penny that was in beautiful condition, with a rich green patina. Does that count as a large cent?

7567ffeb07bf3f0e0ea771daa32cc124.jpg
3f1be1a605edec4d53dbc7bfdc69ec24.jpg
8c39f6ac289e1267ff946ce46b088436.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

No matter what shape it's in nice save. It's always exciting finding the first of something.

I finally found my first standing liberty quarter yesterday. It's very worn and I can't get a date on it but I was happy when it popped up.

I also found a 1918 King George V large penny that was in beautiful condition, with a rich green patina. Does that count as a large cent?

Nice finds. Did you find both of those in WA state?

:thumbsup:

Awesome find! Less than 1% of my silver coin finds have be Standing Liberty quarters. I've found more Barber halves than SLQs! Really nice find! Thanks for posting.

Congrats on the nice recoveries! Is that SLQ a type 1 (no stars below the eagle on the reverse) or a type 2 (stars below the eagle on the reverse)?

I'm half tempted to tumble it for a few minutes to take the rough dull finish off. It looks terrible

The dates on SLQ's wear off easily. Thus a lot of those that get found by md'rs are slick dates :roll:

Love the green patina on that copper !

Congratulations on two very nice digs, and especially on your first SLQ. Great finds! :clapping:

Nice finds! Congrats on crossing that off the list! That darn SLQ has eluded me for years as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's British. George wears a crown on the Canadian large cent but it is the same size

I should have looked at the pics better :laughing: funny how those later foreign coppers come out with that beautiful green patina most times, and usually clean up really nice. Congrats again!

Back
Top Bottom