"Inside Edition" story about found ring

DougF

Elite Member
Tonight "Inside edition" had a story about a 15-year-old girl who eyeballed a diamond engagement ring on Huntingdon Beach, Cal. Apparently it was right on the surface because she saw it shining.

Her mother posted on social media that a ring had been found (no description given). A woman in the area responded and forwarded a photo of her ring she had lost there *eleven years ago*. Turns out it was the same ring. How does the ring lay in the sand for eleven years and not be found by an MDer? They didn't say if the ring had any engraving to ID it, so maybe it was a twin to the lost ring.

I guess the beach cleaning machine could have raked the sand and brought it to the surface.

I know one thing....I don't advertise anything I find on a beach. :pirates:

Sand gets moved. I found a diamond ring a couple of years back that was on the surface in an area where more than a foot of sand had been moved by a storm. I found a high school class ring that was shallow. It had been lost for two years. I handed it to the young ladies father.

Sounds like the HB crew is slacking, With the way that beach gets hit, surprised someone's coil didn't find it first. :yes:

Gold

Sink's deep, take's a big storm, sand movement to un- earth sometime's, example hunted the Florida treasure coast 5 weeks , 2 different year's in May, besides a 18k gold ring, a complete waste of time hunting for 300 year 1715 fleet item's, came to the conclusion for future treasure coast vacationer's, if your not a local that can jump onto the beach wright after a storm that strip's the beach you won't find much, you could get a stray luck find, but they only come on a blue moon with 3 foot of sand movement , at the wright time :roll::lol: , or unless your Scoundrel :pirate2: , happy hunting, PS as far as find's Loose Lips Sink Ships , of coarse that rule can be bent, if that ring belonged to the last blond -from the Bachelor , from Huntington beach CA :shock::lol: , negotiation term's would be under review :D howboutit :lookclose::jawdrop::sweet:

I found a gold ring that had a broken shank once a while back in the water right along the shore. I saw its glistening reflection through the shallow water as I ran the CZ over it and it surprisingly barely made a blip. Plucked it right out off the rocks it was sitting on top. There was erosion in the a small patch that evidently completely exposed the ring.

Metal detecting on the beach is not as easy as it first appears.
How would you even know you missed something?
could have been some junk right under the ring masking it ... who knows.
The one thing I do know is that treasure is where you find it.

I think that if you do enough MDing that soon or later you'll eye-ball a nice find or two. A couple years ago I found and returned a lost class ring that was 1/2 sticking out of the damp sand on a beach that gets hammered by guys like us! That ring I was told was lost for 7 years.

Tides and surf move things about and cover and expose items from time to time. It just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

a month ago I found a engraved chrome plated dog tag about 8" down at the top of the beach in dry sand with the dogs name and a phone number so I figured I call and get it back to them,,, the woman told me they lost it last summer which impressed me cause it was so deep..

the sand is funny with swallowing and spitting out things

Back
Top Bottom