• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

18k, 925 & Tungsten Ring Day

Joshc214

Just got back from an epic hunt! My heaviest gold ring to date was 9.6 grams of 18k.. just broke that record by a long shot. Pulled a 15g 18k white gold wedding band today :)

I'm glad I wasn't avoiding pennies because the 18k ring hit all the way up in the penny numbers (guessing because of its size and high karat). I was hunting the water so I didn't see the exact numbers but it screamed in my headphones, so I'm sure it was 20+, the last thing I was expecting was a gold ring. Even when I saw it in my scoop I didn't get excited because it was white gold and rang too high lol Figured it was just another titanium or steel ring, however, as soon as I picked it up I knew something wasn't right based on how heavy it was... sure enough it's marked CrownRing 18k Gold!

I pulled all of the rings during high tide on the slope between high tide and low tide, once low tide hit I couldn't find any signals out far or in close, called it a day. What I think happened is the outgoing tide pulled sand back over some of the shallow targets I found during high tide on that initial slope.

The other 2 rings are marked 925 and Tungsten...

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 616
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Nice! Thats $443 in gold scrap right there, not bad for a days work. Congrats on 3 beautiful rings, a hunt you wont forget anytime soon.

Hmmm.... thinking I want to move to the beach instead of back home to AK. You beachcombers are really convincing! Congrats!!

:dingding: NICE!!!! My best ring find of all time was a Piaget "Possession" series ring (an 18K spinner ring with diamonds) that also rang in the penny range in the dry sand. That's a HONKER baby! :wow:

:dingding: NICE!!!! My best ring find of all time was a Piaget "Possession" series ring (an 18K spinner ring with diamonds) that also rang in the penny range in the dry sand. That's a HONKER baby! :wow:

Thanks Felix! That must've been a cool find! I still have yet to dig up a big diamond wedding ring... my best diamond ring find was a 1/4 carat 14k that dated back to the early 1900's.

I just did a dry air test with the nox and its ringing up at a solid 18... it had a higher pitch in the water though. I think it may have had a higher reading wet vs dry, not sure if that's possible.

Back
Top Bottom