A good-luck horseshoe padlock.

Dan B.

Elite Member
I came across this unique looking padlock today. Thinking that it was just a piece of brass from machinery until the dirt dried up and I saw the words good-luck. Gave it a good brushing and realize that it was a padlock. I believe the patent date at the tops is June 24th 1879.
First time I've ever seen a lock shaped like this. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_134826.jpg
    IMG_20190515_134826.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_20190515_134851.jpg
    IMG_20190515_134851.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 302
I like it. Very nice find. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I like it. Very nice find. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That’s a very cool lock!

That is neat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most unusual lock I have ever seen & I do love horseshoes. Nice find.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's got to be the coolest lock ever posted ! Awesome. HH Mark

Congrats on a unique find!!!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the lock. Yes this is the most unique lock I have ever seen on the forum. This will be my most favorite lock for quite some time.

I am thinking of sending it to American Digger magazine and see if it's interesting enough to put in the magazine.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the lock. Yes this is the most unique lock I have ever seen on the forum. This will be my most favorite lock for quite some time.

I am thinking of sending it to American Digger magazine and see if it's interesting enough to put in the magazine.

I say go for it!!! It is unique enough in my opinion to maybe just make the cut!!

I came across this unique looking padlock today. Thinking that it was just a piece of brass from machinery until the dirt dried up and I saw the words good-luck. Gave it a good brushing and realize that it was a padlock. I believe the patent date at the tops is June 24th 1879.
First time I've ever seen a lock shaped like this. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks

Very Cool.. looks to be patented in 1879

https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...orseshoe-shaped-padlock-marked-good-luck.html

Might be odd, but I have the exact same one I dug up with a shovel. I was leveling the trench for footings for my previous house. I found a key that worked in it. I have the lock (big dent in it) but have misplaced the key.

Back
Top Bottom