2 Gold Rings, 1 nice, 1 not so nice.

Zoidberg661

Heyeveryone, here are two gold rings I found in the water at the beach in Bill Baggs State Park, Key Biscayne, Florida. The first one has what appears to be a diamond in it and the other is a seriously chewed up looking specimen which had two tiny diamonds in it. One literally fell out in my hand and the other is hard to see but it is on the left hand side of the setting. I wish ALL the diamonds from this setting were still inside the ring :( From the looks of the gold, this ring was in the water for quite some time.
Once again, the handy dandy super trusty Whites Beach Hunter ID served me well by finding these treatsures! My Minelab Excal is in my closet feeling left out in all the fun lately :( Next trip to the beach, the Excal is coming along.
Enjoy the pics, I will be headed to the beach again Sunday night to see what all the weekender's left behind for me :P ;)

Attachments

• 2rings.jpg
    2rings.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 459
Nice going on the rings :) Gold when it comes out of the water should look like when it went in... I think the ring on the right is plated... It sure looks like it to me. But a ring is a ring :)

Perhaps it is plated but I have a slate and the chemicals to do the gold test and it passed for atleast 14Kt. I am going to goto a jeweler I know down here tomorrow to have the diamonds tested.

All I am saying is it looks plated because gold doesn't discolor and I blew up your picture and it looked corroded... nothing wrong with findind a plated ring I have found quite a few and I love them the same as my gold rings... Now silver rings thats another animal and I classify them as junk rings :lol:

Cfmct-PI, I have no problem at all with what you are stating and maybe you are right, it is very possibly it is not 14K, I can't find a stamp on it anywhere and the corroding does raise suspicions. I did the test kit that I have at home and when I goto my jeweler friend tomorrow I can get another opinion. I will let ya know what transpires, keep your fingers crossed :lol:

angellionel said:
Cfmct-PI said:
... Now silver rings thats another animal and I classify them as junk rings  :lol:

In that case, I'll gladly collect the "trash" from you whenever you're ready.   :lol:

Angel... I guess I am spoiled huh? ;)

osiris661 said:
Heyeveryone, here are two gold rings I found in the water at the beach in Bill Baggs State Park, Key Biscayne, Florida.

Nice finds!  Just wondering (I'm new to beach hunting) - how far out (approx) do you go, and do you use a wet/skin suit and or mask/snorkel?

I've been hunting on land and am just getting into the water.  So far just did the wet sand but getting ready to head out in the wait-chest high ocean.

Thanks!
Happy hunting

Tabdigger said:
osiris661 said:
Heyeveryone, here are two gold rings I found in the water at the beach in Bill Baggs State Park, Key Biscayne, Florida.

Nice finds!  Just wondering (I'm new to beach hunting) - how far out (approx) do you go, and do you use a wet/skin suit and or mask/snorkel?

I've been hunting on land and am just getting into the water.  So far just did the wet sand but getting ready to head out in the wait-chest high ocean.

Thanks!
Happy hunting

Tab,

Water hunting is following the tides as minus tides are best tides to hunt... We usually hunt 2 hours before low tide and 2 hours on the incoming tide and try and start out as far as possible and look for where sand has been mounded or pushed towards shore and hunt behind these mounds. Don't hunt the mounds most likely anything found in them will be trash or too far down to get at.

I use neoprene waders although with water warming up into the 40's I'll switch to lighter weight summer waders and we use guanlet gloves to protect our arms from the water.

Cfmct-PI said:
Tab,

Water hunting is following the tides as minus tides are best tides to hunt... We usually hunt 2 hours before low tide and 2 hours on the incoming tide and try and start out as far as possible and look for where sand has been mounded or pushed towards shore and hunt behind these mounds. Don't hunt the mounds most likely anything found in them will be trash or too far down to get at.

I use neoprene waders although with water warming up into the 40's I'll switch to lighter weight summer waders and we use guanlet gloves to protect our arms from the water.

Cfmct-PI,

Thanks for the great info!  I see that we will have a - low tide Thur and Fri and I plan to be out there and digging in some places I've been scoping out.  I'll post if anything besides pulltabs come up!   :grin:

Thanks again -
Tabdigger

Back
Top Bottom