New member and hopefully a new hobby.

Ky-woody

Forum Supporter
Hello everyone my Name is Mike but for some reason people gave me the nickname Woody sometime in high school. I’ll answer to either one. I live in Kentucky and have lot of what I think would be good spots to do a little digging. Figured I would mostly find a few coins and maybe some artifacts. Looking for a hobby both myself and my kids will enjoy.

Well,with a name like KY-Woody it’s a no brainer you have kids....:lol: Maybe even some you don’t know about!
Seriously,there’s many aspects to the hobby,the HUNT....exploration,discovery,research,recovery....it’s an entire way of life if you want it to be. Some people are casual,others are rabid. Most of us hang somewhere in between. Like anything else,what you get out of it is exactly what you put into it,it follows the laws of physics quite nicely that way. Anyone who can see the world through the eyes of a child will enjoy metal detecting,whether you are a child or not. There’s always the potential of a great and valuable find,but the reality is that happens to certain people who hunt and have access to certain places like historic sites and beaches with a lot of traffic. Old coins can be found literally anywhere,but targeting places that had lots of activity where money was changing hands like an old fairground or farmers market can be a better than average place to look. Use your imagination,gain permission for private property if you’re thinking of doing old homes and ALWAYS think outside the box. It can be a great family activity,or maybe just you and one of the kids,if the others aren’t interested right now. Buy a machine that’s comfortable to use and one you can understand. Only many many hours of using that machine will truly unlock the coins under which that coil swings.

Welcome to the forum. There are some really experienced members here. I'm relatively new. Take advantage of their expertise!

Welcome from SW WI

If your last name doesn't have "wood" in it, I don't think we want to hear the story on how you got that Nick name, LOL.

Welcome to the affliction, how old are the kids?

"Woody" is a good nickname..better than most, trustworthy, explanatory and with multitude of cryptic meanings.....Its way better than 'Booger', 'Belch', 'Snotscab', 'Kweermo', etc....

Back
Top Bottom