No gold, no 925, junky junkers and cars ruled the day

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Got up, made/drank some coffee then rode my bike to the beach. Rigged the scoop and detector on the bike. About 3 1/4 mile ride. Zig zagged between some different (than yesterday) lifeguard towers. Seemed like things were few and far between. Got mofo hot and felt like I was in the Sahara.... kept eyeing the wet sand envious of those who can venture there successfully.

It got hotter and more crowded as the morning shifted into noon.

Man, nothing but junky junk rings. These aren’t even good junkers if there is even a grading system. Junky junk junk rings! An earring too. Fidgety spinner and man, lots of hotwheels. $5.73 in clad, few jacked up Felix cents. Guess I prefer smaller coastal beaches and the smaller lake beaches, HB is just huge. Least I got a silver dime yesterday. Today I think was a failure to some degree, I mean it was good to get out, but it just emphasizes the need for a wet sand machine even if I only get to the salt a few times a year. Who knows!

Four trips to the trash bin, I was digging caps etc, sand was moist with salt when I got close the the tidal line and I didn’t want to miss things, quarter would even sound sorta iffy in that moist sand... so dig it! I did keep four nice tent spikes for the ez-up as spares :lol:

Happy hunting out there!

Attachments

• 14B2B751-6515-41FE-B526-7F69C4F10FE4.jpg
    14B2B751-6515-41FE-B526-7F69C4F10FE4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Looks like the typical beach hunt for me except that you found more clad than what I have been finding this year. Any day I find enough clad to pay for two gallons of gas I consider to be a good day

My beaches have been very slow to give up anything good this year.

You killed it on the toy cars! And that last Felix penny is worthy of its name. :lol: If you're hunting dry sand around noon time now in the summer you crazy! :twisted: I always do dry sand early before the beach goers and the heat settle in. (Like be there at sunrise). It also helps to beat out areas where those companies put out large swaths of lounge chairs.

Looks like the typical beach hunt for me except that you found more clad than what I have been finding this year. Any day I find enough clad to pay for two gallons of gas I consider to be a good day

My beaches have been very slow to give up anything good this year.

Thanks George. It’s a good launch into July for my clad count.

You killed it on the toy cars! And that last Felix penny is worthy of its name. :lol: If you're hunting dry sand around noon time now in the summer you crazy! :twisted: I always do dry sand early before the beach goers and the heat settle in. (Like be there at sunrise). It also helps to beat out areas where those companies put out large swaths of lounge chairs.

Yes that last crusty zinc had your name all over it :lol:

I got to the beach about 8:30/45(?) and stayed until around 12:30. Dash for sure considering the heat wave here! Bought a Gatorade from a vendor (sadly they only had smalls and I should have bought two of them!) and guzzled it down before riding my bike back to the house.

Congrats on the nice assortment of finds!

Thanks! Helps with the clad count for July, and I would rather go and find what I found than not go and lament what I could have found!

Back
Top Bottom