2 volcanic lakes 1 gold

71DHB

Elite Member
As my time is winding down over here for a while, I am doing my circuit of favourite places when I can. Today I concentrated on 1 lake that I managed to do all of, which had many Euro targets but nothing else really. I did it with waders and gloves believe it or not ( its very hot here) because I've had bad experiences with rashes in the past here. Sweaty and undecided what to do I gave it a quick thought and I changed lakes. About an hour into the second lake (no waders), a chunky 18k wedding band appears in my scoop. The smile on face said it all with that sun beating down on me I found a silver ring, some old lira, a Mercedes;) and decided to go home, I'm going to try and go back soon when I am well rested. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN4108.JPG
    DSCN4108.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCN4121.JPG
    DSCN4121.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCN4122.JPG
    DSCN4122.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 416
:dingding: If you keep finding all this last minute gold you might have to stay!

That is a nice hefty 18k! That Hazardous water where a guy needs to wear waders in the Summer? Could be from the ducks..here we call it 'swimmers itch' its a little burrowing bug that will give a bad rash...only around in the warm water of the mid summer it seems......

That is a nice hefty 18k! That Hazardous water where a guy needs to wear waders in the Summer? Could be from the ducks..here we call it 'swimmers itch' its a little burrowing bug that will give a bad rash...only around in the warm water of the mid summer it seems......

Thanks Mud! Yeah it's strange because in this one lake, some years it happened and some not so I didn't want to take a chance. It was brutal when I had it... I had it for several days and it was like scabies. Don't ever want to experience that again. I was told the same thing you explained about the ducks by a man who owns a restaurant on the beach. It seems only in this volcanic lake though not the others.

Congrats on a really nice find! Rest up there’s more out there to find. By the way is the old lira any good or is it like all the foreign coins the rest of us find?

Congrats on a really nice find! Rest up there’s more out there to find. By the way is the old lira any good or is it like all the foreign coins the rest of us find?

Thank you Numil! I'm going to try and do my best in these final days until I come back. The old lira is useless (I wish we could go back), unless you are able to find certain years like if Im not mistaken a 1947 10 lira and some others. From what I read the 1947 10 lira is valued around 5 to 6 thousand euro! I hope this is what you meant by any good.

Back
Top Bottom