Jose and now Maria

fdutra

Jose sat offshore and shut down the Island for four day with Noreast winds 50 - 60 knots and 6.5 inches of rains,,, no boats and no planes boss. Just got my mail today. Heavy surf flattened the south shore beaches leaving them clean as a whistle and burying everything in a coat of newly fallen sand. Now Maria has picked up were Jose left off making sure there's not so much as a Felix left behind. Thought the northeast would open things up a little more than they did, but more of the same in most other places. DId manage to get in 3 hunts on the one beach that had a little help from sand bars breaking up the onslaught of sand.

IMG_0481.JPG

The little gold was right where it shoudn't be, up on top of the bar, all by itself, and just below the surface. 2.7 g of 18k with 6 emeralds around a small central diamond, hallmarked as purity 18, assayed in the London office in 1981.
The Platinum honker was right on top only in deeper water, and rang up like a bell at 16.21 grams,,, and it fits, making it the best find for the season so far. The silver with stone (chalcedony=cloudy blue?) was so deep I almost gave up on it in an area I've hit a hundred times. The busted silver puzzle ring, and the bling chain kept things interesting along with a lot of deep clad never before heard from. Thank you Mr Excal for hanging in there with a leaking battery pod and worn out o rings that were in the mail I got today. Might head back out there this weekend after a long overdue tune up for my trusty Ex,,, cal that is.

Thanks for looking!

Wow! :shock::shock: Some epic finds for sure!
Loving that big honking plat!

I was listening to the news over here (opposite side of the planet) and heard something to the effect of "Maria will be swinging past the east coast but won't make landfall-- instead the locals are worried about serious beach erosion." And I'm thinking-- 'worried!?!? that is music to every detectorist's ears! I would love to hear that 'serious beach erosion' is headed my way!' :lol:

Hope y'all get some great cuts! Congrats on the finds so far!

:dingding: Congrats on sniffing out some good stuff there! If I am able to find a good hunting window anytime soon I would like to try the offshore sand bars as I think that may be the only productive areas post-Irma for the beaches I frequent.

Nice haul Frank! 16.2 grams of plat is better than a Raider win! :D

You still working with that Stealth 6.5?

Raider Regards,

R5

Nice job pushing through even though the beach looked freshly manicured with the soft stuff :) Its strange sometimes how quickly something can open up then get filled right back in again. Fresh canslaw in the mix from offshore is even worse :laughing::roll:

You off nantucket somewhere I assume?

Have not made it to the beach since the "storm" but the tides suck right now anyway.

Looking good... a nice haul considering the storms all about you. Congrats... love that big plat too.. found one myself and amazingly like your's it fit.

Congrats on some nice treasure,still looking for my first play. Over here on the vineyard -same ,lots of soft sand brought down from the dunes .

Back
Top Bottom