Very new and green

Crabb

Growing up in California I would watch the guy on the beach with a detector. It always looked fun. Every year I look for a new summer adventure for my son and I. This year I am getting a metal detector and it will be an adventure. I hope we find a coin or two. I am purchasing a Garrett Ace 250. Let the fun begin.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum,and to the hobby. This can become addicting. From Pepperell Ma. Artie

Welcome from Wi. The 250 is a good choice for people new to detecting. When setting up the 250 make sure after adjusting the proper length shaft you run the cable straight up the top side of the shaft for about 3 or 4 inches. Put an all plastic zip( not a bread wrap) or electrical tape around at that point allowing enough slack between that point and the coil so as not to create too much tension when the coin tilts back or ahead. As your looking downward on the shaft, wrap the remaining cable length in a clockwise direction. You may have to practice this a few times varying the number of revolutions to get most of the slack out of the cable at the point where it screws into the unit. This will insure cable can not move around while swinging which can cause some false signals. Don't get discouraged with what you hear. This is a very adequate entry level machine. Every sound and signal on the meter means something, even the bouncing around like not being able to make up it's mind signals. Its up to you to learn to speak the language. After the first 10 hours you will really begin to gain momentum and should be hooked on the hobby. Use the detector at first on all metal mode to get accustom to all the sounds . Have fun and use the forums for assistance. HH------Larry

Back
Top Bottom