Nox 800 clad stab

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I had 20 minutes to do a quick hunt at a modern park I was driving by yesterday. I searched an area of about 40’x 20’. Set the sweep speed at 8. Dug 4 dimes, 5 nickels, 6 pennies, and a quarter. This was the first time I’ve been able to hunt a park setting without snow. The Nox feels natural to me. It’s very quick response makes quick work of shallow targets. It feels easier to separate trash signals from good targets compared to my AT pro. So far I am ecstatic with the Nox functionality. Feels so simple to use!

Yea, I feel the same way. I use park 1 as default. The depth indicator is lacking but hitting deep coins is very easy with the Nox and seperating targets is a breeze.

:egyptian:

Nice Machine

When balanced wright with a strait shaft , it's a light likable machine , i can honestly say that, enjoy your Nox, Earl

I wish I had a way to rent or borrow a Nox 800 locally to try out in real conditions. Of course, I'd be interested in seeing how it separates in trashy areas compared to the ATPro. I also have to be careful with the ATPro's volume because the audio characteristics aggravate my tinnitus if I'm not careful. The Youtube videos of the 800 seem like it has smoother audio characteristics, although the pinpointing audio seems unnecessarily loud and obnoxious. Also, there's the ability to reduce the volume of certain tone ranges without completely eliminating them.

Last edited:
I wish I had a way to rent or borrow a Nox 800 locally to try out in real conditions. Of course, I'd be interested in seeing how it separates in trashy areas compared to the ATPro. I also have to be careful with the ATPro's volume because the audio characteristics aggravate my tinnitus if I'm not careful. The Youtube videos of the 800 seem like it has smoother audio characteristics, although the pinpointing audio seems unnecessarily loud and obnoxious. Also, there's the ability to reduce the volume of certain tone ranges without completely eliminating them.

I really like the fact that I can turn the iron volume down to just where I can hear it and it doesn't interfere with the good tones. I usually hunt in all metal.

Back
Top Bottom